Thinking About Brass?

The recession has finally hit Ebay, and if there's a certain brass loco you've always lusted after but could never quite afford, now's the time to start searching the listings as some prices are way down.

Among other goodies, one of the guys in our club recently picked up a mint PFM balloon-stacked Class "B" Shay for $90.00 (no box), and a Lambert Mack Railbus for $10.00 *with* box! Neither one looks as if it's spent any time at all on the rails.

~Pete (Who has no financial interest in Ebay, nor anything for sale there either.)

Reply to
Twibil

On 10/24/2008 7:02 PM Twibil spake thus:

You mean I can now stop drooling standing in front of the display case?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Yes, and when you leave Goldie's Adult Arcade turn left and head on down to the train shop.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I found this at an online brass dealer. $205.00 including shipping. Runs very well. Each driver has a brake shoe. Pretty good detail though not as much detail as the prototype. Made by Toby for NWSL. [IMG]

Prototype [IMG]

Rich

One just like it on Ebay went for around $75.00 plus shipping a few days ago.

Good loco for a logging or old-time switching layout, and the Sud Pacifico de Mexico had one very much like it that ran clear up into the 1950s.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Yeah, I talked with the person who sold it and he mentioned mine was the better of the two.

Rich

Reply to
Rich