Alco erecting cards - question

This is a question for anyone who has bought erecting cards from ALCO Historical Photos. Do the erecting cards for a given steam engine include the dimensions of the tender? If not, are the tender drawings available separately?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jccjd1999

I've dealt with AHP in the past and they've been really good at answering my questions.

Here's a link to their site:

Get in touch with them. I'm sure they'll try and answer your questions.

Reply to
Leroy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jccjd1999) tickled the keyboard:

I can only speak to one erecting card that I got from them, a D&H Challenger. It did not include the tender at all but fortunately I have an original set of D&H white line prints for that. The erecting card I got was photographically produced and with good magnification I can read all but the smallest information. I believe that they will also reproduce at any size you want for a price per square inch or foot. It's my understanding that the dimensions are the most accurate part of the drawings in that I recall being told that the drawing my not be exactly accurate and in correct proportion/scale.

I did have to wait a while for a response as it's a small group of people who oversee this huge resource and at the time I worked with them almost everything had to be done by mail as they weren't set up to take internet orders.

I also got a shot of the D&H Challenger backhead from them and again, with magnification I can read every dial and label clearly.

Reply to
Jeff Finch