Decoder question

I just purchased a Bachman Spectrum 80-ton three truck Shay. I have a recommendation for a Micro-Tsunami sound decoder, but I have a couple of
questions. The drawing shows a DCC socket inside the water tank assembly. It doesn't indicate what type of socket it is. Is there room in there for a speaker, and will holes have to be added somewhere to let the sound out, or is there a better location for the speaker? Next, how do I get into the tank assembly? Do I need to disassemble the entire rear truck and water tank assembly? Jeff
Jeff Stanton wrote:

The decoder is a plug and play unit with an 8 pin plug. The speaker goes in the coal/fuel bunker behind the cab. You need a speaker enclosure and speaker. Research Soundtraxx's page.. They give you step by step help as well as their many dealers. Disassembly is explained in your Shay manual.. Part of the fun of this hobby is learing how to do these things.
Mike, Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the website. The only question is the disassembly. There is nothing in the manual because the is no manual! A Friend recently bought an identical locomotive, and has the same questions. Jeff

Try Bachmanns US web site. They have all their manuals available as PDF's. Disassembly is trial and error. The tender box unscrews and then must slide back. Unhook ladders so as not to break them(been there, done that)Nice thing with Bachmann -- if you really screw up anything, $20.00 bucks and shipping costs gets you a brand new loco..