Central Florida Train Shows

I'm interested in hearing your opinion of train shows in the central
Florida area. There are upcoming shows in Ocala and Deland, and would
like to know if a 2+ hour each-way trip is worthwhile? GATS is also
planning a show in Orlando, but I've not been impressed with other
GATS shows I've attended. Thanks...
Reply to
Rich Frieser
I haven't done the Deland show. There are a couple of shows there each year and they're supposed to be OK.
Ocala - who's putting it on? I did the one the local club sponsors and it's a nice small, show, but it might not meet your expectations after a 2 hour drive.
The Orlando GATS is well attended and has a variety of dealers. It all depends on what you're looking for. From a vendor's standpoint, it's one of the best shows in Florida.
I'll be in Orlando, but not Deland or Ocala.
Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting
Mike Tennent
Sorry for the lame response, but when/where is the Orlando show?
JR
Reply to
John
July 31 - Aug 1 at the Central Florida Fair Grounds.
More info:
Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting
Mike Tennent
John...
The Orlando show is on July 31 and August1, at the Central Florida Fair located on West Colonial Drive. The details are at this website:
Rich Frieser
Come up to our Timonium Great Scale Model Train Shows in Maryland....much to see and buy/sell. Long and difficult drive....sure, but many folks from Florida who have come have done so again.....and besides going back to Florida is easier as it is down hill.......all the way. Check out our site for details
HZ Howard Zane 5236 Thunder Hill Road Columbia, MD 21045 410-730-1036
Reply to
Howard Zane