Colored poly fiber fill?

From time to time, I've seen references here and elsewhere about colored poly fiber fill (black, grey & green). Aside from the stuff sold by Woodland Scenics, I've never seen anything else. I've contacted some craft shops in the area and get the blank look as well.

So, since I have about 300-325 wire tree armatures ready for the next step, can someone, anyone tell the rest of us once and for all if there is such a product and if so, who makes it and where can we get it? Since a web search also comes up empty, I'm really wondering if this is going to be just like the Abominable Snowman or the Loch Ness Monster? You know, something that everyone has heard about but no one has ever confirmed their existance!

dlm

--------------------------- Dan Merkel

Reply to
Dan Merkel

There _is_ a black quilt batting (trade name "Soft & Black",

however it is VERY hard to find, and it's pre-quilted to hold it into sheets, not loose like fiberfill. (It's meant for quilting, in dark fabrics)

Best thing, I've found, is to get the regular white polyfill, a couple of cans of cheap green or black spraypaint, a couple of bags of Woodland Scenics fine or medium turf in the desired colors, and a 5 lb coffee can sized container. Put the turf in the can, hold the tree by the roots with a pair of pliers, spray the polyfiber on the tree with the paint, hold it in the can and shake. Stick the tree in foam to dry. If your paint is cheap and sticky enough, you won't even need to overspray with hairspray.

One thing you can try once the trees are dry is to lightly dust the tree with the next shade lighter fine turf then spray with cheap hairspray.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

| From time to time, I've seen references here and elsewhere about colored | poly fiber fill (black, grey & green). Aside from the stuff sold by | Woodland Scenics, I've never seen anything else. I've contacted some craft | shops in the area and get the blank look as well.

Accurail sells it in their line of scenery products in black and brown. Available direct.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

|| poly fiber fill (black, grey & green).

| Accurail sells it in their line of scenery products in black and brown. | Available direct. |

The line is carried by Walthers so that your dealer can get it if you don't want to direct order.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Dan, I got mine several years ago - Black - I'm almost certain at Michael's. The wording on the bag is: Special Edition Soft Shapes Select Fiber

100% Polyester Fiberfill 8 oz. Silky Soft the Ultimate in Crafting ... Putnam Company, Walworth, WI Made in USA
Reply to
kt0t

Here's the link for colored fiber fill:

73, Bob