DCC

Can I have some help with DCC. I have a Lenz Compact and I am running a Bachmann chip1014. I would like to slow down the speed of the loco, so that on the dial at full turn the loco will only move slowly as in a shunting yard. If any help sent please use step by step instructions.

Thanks for any reply. Paul

Reply to
Paul

It would probably be best if you join the Lenz Yahoo group. snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com All of the major DCC systems have groups and they help with any problems you might have. Some questions of course can't be answered but you stand your best chance there.

Reply to
Jon Miller

in article lfE4g.173852$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Paul at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 4/29/06 12:05 AM:

I don't know about the Bachmann chip to which you refer, but many DCC Mobile Decoders have a CV labeled "Max Speed" or some such or V-Max (CV05 on many Digitrax decoders): you set this to the maxiumum voltage fraction of full voltage you want (that is, what fraction off 255 you want); so if you set it to 128, you get 50% of max voltage at full throttle.

Many decoders also have a speed table which you can set to do what ever you want in 28 steps. The decoder interpolates between those stops for a 128 speed stop system.

It looks like from the bachmann web site decoder manual, that they don't have V-Max or speed tables; maybe they have undocumented instructions. (Here is that page:

Click on the "1 amp decoder instructions link.

If you want this control and there aren't some hidden Bachmann functions, you might consider the TS T1 series (see here:)

If you just need the simple package, it is only $16.

There lots of other decoders, too and most are compatible with Lenz controller systems.

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

In message , Edward A. Oates writes

The Chip he's referring to is a Lenz 1014 being marketed by Bachmann.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

in article Nf51w$ snipped-for-privacy@birchenough.demon.co.uk, Ian Birchenough at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk wrote on 4/30/06 4:55 AM:

If the Bachmann in indeed the Lenz 1014, then there are speed tables which the Bachmann pages don't publish (why?). To solve the original question (how to limit speed for yard only operations), set up a speed table. Here is the Lenz page for the decode which has a pointer to the instructions.

Edward A. Oates