Delawre & Hudson question

I'm trying to keep my model railroad as genuine to the time period 1938 to 1948 as possible.
Question: When did the D&H begin using there round and or shield logo
on boxcars and other freight?
What few pics I've seen from this time frame show the script lettering only. Your experience and insight on this subject is extremely important to me.
Thanks in advance!!
osteamnut