FA: 6 Circuitron Tortoise switch machines

I can't understand why the Tortoise's go for such a high price on ebay when you can order them from a major shop for $11.99 all day long. Don't people read their model magazines anymore?

Reply to
Jon Miller

Right now they're at $11.11 each, which is not a bad price...

CL

Reply to
Cheery Littlebottom

Right now they are, (do not forget to add shipping) but lets see what they end up at. My local shop (about 50 miles away) sells them for $12.00 ea. and he backs up what he sells. So if I have a problem with one of them I can just bring it back to him. You can not do that with ebay.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

FYI, The auction completed this evening for $74.00 for six units ~12.33 each. I started the auction at $20 and let it ride. Although based on previous similiar auctions I've been watching, I figured they'd go for $60-70.

One website I checked was selling them for 13.60 + S&H.

FWIW, I'm not selling these as a business. I'm getting out of the hobby for a while and selling off some RR equipment to support my woodworking (sawdust making) habit.

My DCC system is next.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

I'm glad the auction went well. I was thinking of selling off some of my tortise's as well. I'm taking down an around the wall layout to make room, and my son want's a 4x8 or 5x9, so I'll probably have about a dozen to get rid of myself. Good luck w/ the wood working, and don't leave the MR'ing for too long. :-)

--DW

Reply to
I & R

That's alright, you should see what they pay for counterfeit collector coins coming from china. :-)

-- DW

Reply to
I & R