Faller Waterfall

Has anyone bought the Faller waterfall kit? This is 171814 in the Walther's catalog. I'm just wondering how realistic the falls looks. If I use it, it would be about 3-4 feet from a person viewing it.

Thanks,

Reply to
Tim Johnson

I have one and can't say that I am impressed. It is very plastic looking. I ended up not using it and making my own with clear latex caulk and white paint highlights. The faller kit will look exactly like... a plastic model.

Reply to
prioritycharge

I have one and can't say that I am impressed. It is very plastic looking. I ended up not using it and making my own with clear latex caulk and white paint highlights. The faller kit will look exactly like... a plastic model.

Reply to
prioritycharge

Folks:

Waterfalls are one of those unconquered frontiers of model railroading, I think. A lot of attempts look decent as frozen, iced-over falls, but they just don't make you think of a rushing torrent. Does anybody know of a *really* successful example of a big roaring falls on a model railroad?

(I certainly have never managed to make one well)

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track, a wet basement, and some plans.

Reply to
pawlowsk002