GATS

I went to the GATS show in Spokane WA today. What a letdown! The local clubs put on two swap meet/shows a year and each has at least twice as much stuff as GATS did. At better prices, too.

I don't know why GATS can't attract the tables. They must charge too much.

So if anyone from Spokane was planning on going tomorrow, don't!

Rumor has it that there will be no GATS in either Spokane or Boise next year. No great loss.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Same thing in Portland three weeks ago. Just crap at the GATS shows.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

GATS has made 2 changes that hurt it as of this year:

1) Increased table price, of course.

2) Stopped giving prizes for layouts. Only a flat fee that is a drop in the bucket compared to what the layouts COULD have gotten. Our layout here regularly got 300-400 a show. they are talking like 100 now... no way we would put all the effort for just 100.

Reply to
lars

I've never been to a GATS show, live too far away from any - what is the table price? Just Curious.

I assume you mean $100.00? Is this a "prize" or an appearance fee? Again, just curious as I had never heard of what such commercial shows would pay for club layouts to attend. Geese, it costs our club more than that to rent a truck to haul our modules around.

Thanks!

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan

Last actual number I heard it was $100 a table, but that was a few years ago I think.

They used to have a prize system for the layouts, comparing them. They now are going to an apearance fee. Without the higher prize, what is the incentive to bring in more of our modules to make a better showing layout. GATS needs to reconsider as the layouts are what helps draw people to the shows.

Reply to
lars

2) Stopped giving prizes for layouts.<

And GATS is owned by?

Reply to
Jon Miller

You know, they DO have a web site where all this information is freely available... no guessing required

Reply to
Joe Ellis

A standard 8' x 30" table for a 2004 show is $65, THE SAME PRICE as in 2003.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

GATS Limited.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

It's more fun to post innuendos and incorrect information.

Mark Mathu

Come to Houston in 2 weeks. The San Jacinto Model RR Club is sponsoring a show at the Humble Civic Center. At the meeting last week they said all of the dealers tables are sold out.

Rick Jones