Handrail color - Milw Road RSC-2

Kato's handrails are black plastic - what would be an appropriate color to paint these- Milw Road orange or gray?

Reply to
Digital Railroader LLC

Frank,

Milw RSC-2 engines were delivered with black handrails. Same fror the frame and trucks. Carbody is orange, with a grey top, seperated by a thick maroon strip. The Kato paint job is good, but Milw RSC-2's were delivered with large number boards mounted on the top of the ends at about a 45 degree angle.

Jim Bernier

Digital Railroader LLC wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

Spoil sport! (grin)

But seriously, when I didn't see an answer here, I started a web search and found a picture of Milwaukee Road RSC-2 #988 at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum (I have #989), and you're right - the number boards aren't very prototypical!

Frank Eva

Digital Railroader LLC

Frank,

The Milw had their RSC-2 delivered with the large number boards, note the absence of the factory standard number boards just above the radiators. Just sort of a Milw 'thing'....