HO Earthmoving Equipment

Wal-Mart has the Norscot HO scale earthmoving equipment for $5.97 each. This is the same equipment that Walthers sells for $19.99 a copy! No wonder it seems that model railroading is becoming a hobby for the rich.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Stanton

In the toy department ?

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Yes

Reply to
Jeff Stanton

I'm not sure if this is an argument that our hobby is getting more expensive, or less -- please explain furher.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

The Walmart models are not the same. I've seen a front end loader, bought by a friend. The bucket on the loader is fixed to the hydraulic arm on the Walmart version, while it pivots one the regular version; the tires are generic; etc. Keep in mind that Walmart pressures its suppliers to meet a price point, which as often than not entails lower quality.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir