How to locate a specific Lionel model#?

My friend is trying to find a Lionel engine + tender that was produced in 2003. It is the Lionmaster Boston & Albany 4-6-4, model #6-38086. He's checked his usual sources (eBay etc) and has come up empty handed.

Aside from calling every dealer in the country individually, do any locator services exist -- either by Lionel or another company?

Thanks, Glen

Reply to
Glen

Here is one

and by searching Google
you'll find more. Search for Lionel Boston & Albany 4-6-4. LTG :)

Reply to
Lloyd Olson

Where? 6-38086 isn't anywhere on that page (which btw hasn't been updated in over a year).

Google is loaded with this old crap. We haven't found a single current website with this model# for sale.

Reply to
Glen

You might try these guys. Though I believe you have to be a member to access their interchange. You might check out the reginal shows, may be able to find collectors near you that might have one. LTG :)

Reply to
Lloyd Olson

Did he search on the number? If he got no hits, it wasn't out there. But keep look. It might come up tomorrow, or next week, or next year... :-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir