How to locate a specific Lionel model#?

My friend is trying to find a Lionel engine + tender that was produced in 2003. It is the Lionmaster Boston & Albany 4-6-4, model #6-38086.
He's checked his usual sources (eBay etc) and has come up empty handed.
Aside from calling every dealer in the country individually, do any locator services exist -- either by Lionel or another company?
Thanks, Glen
Here is one http://www.trainworld1.com/closeouts_blowouts_clearance/lionel_all.htm and by searching Google http://www.google.com/ you'll find more. Search for Lionel Boston & Albany 4-6-4. LTG :)

Where? 6-38086 isn't anywhere on that page (which btw hasn't been updated in over a year).
Google is loaded with this old crap. We haven't found a single current website with this model# for sale.

http://www.lionelcollectors.org/ You might try these guys. Though I believe you have to be a member to access their interchange. You might check out the reginal shows, may be able to find collectors near you that might have one. LTG :)

Glen wrote:

Did he search on the number? If he got no hits, it wasn't out there. But keep look. It might come up tomorrow, or next week, or next year... :-)