IHC Steamers

Roger Thanks for the link. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

On 19 Nov 2003 16:41:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rrhq.com (Doug) shared this with the world:

Did you leave the stock motor in it? What decoder ?

I have an IHC 2-6-0 that I want to digitize, but have heard that it may not be worth the effort without putting a better motor in it. My plan was to use a DH-121 or maybe a TCS-T1.

I'd like to hear your experience.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton

A Mogul would be perfect for handling a peddler freight. The 0-x-0 steam switchers lived out their lives in the yard, pushing long cuts of cars to and fro. Peddler freights had to make it over sub standard trackwork where only a light engine could go. Back when factories depended upon rail service, the industrial trackage serving these places was light weight rail, sharp turns, flimsy bridges, and rotten ties. Only the lightest of locomotives could traverse this mess without derailment or bridge collapse.

David J. Starr

Reply to
David J. Starr

If it ran well on DC, it should do ok with DCC. Just make sure that the motor is isolated from the track so you don't 'smoke' the decoder.

Kent Asht> On 19 Nov 2003 16:41:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rrhq.com (Doug) shared this with

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

I'll put the IHC Mogul at the top of my list then. Sounds perfect for my Sussex Branch!

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Rutan

Thanks for the info, I'll go looking for the article.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Dave - most don't. Their 2-8-0 does, however. All Bachmann Spectrum steam have operating front couplers as do the Life Like Proto steamers. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE