Is there any model rr fans in AR?

Are there any model railroad fans in Central AR?

Reply to
dgeehot

Not yet, but plan on going to Fayetteville or LR to visit a decent LHS.

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

I know nothing about this, but the following announcement was just posted to the OpSig e-mail list. It may be of interest to you.

--------- Central Arkansas Model Railroad Club (CAMRC)

2nd HO Modular Layout Event Saturday, March 7 - 9am to 4pm McGee Center, Conway, AR

The second of a series of monthly Train Open House operating sessions will be held in the Community Room of the McGee Center in west Conway on Saturday, March 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The club will build a portable 8x20-foot HO-scale modular layout at the center as a staging area, and the public can drop by to watch and participate in the fun with no admission charge.

The club will use the emerging train layout as a teaching platform and conduct how-to workshops about wiring, scenery, structures, and operations. CAMRC members will offer helpful advice and savvy tips in non-technical language and through practical demonstrations of track laying, wiring, and scenicing the modules.

The McGee Center is located at 3800 College Ave in Conway, AR

Reply to
Rick Jones

The NMRA is probably the best way to find out what is going on in any area. It is a worldwide organization of model railroaders. They have a publication and have regional chapters everywhere.

-- Bob May

Bob May

In message , Bob May writes

Start here

I can recommend the NMRA as a great place to start. It could save you a lot of time, effort and money by helping you avoid *some* of the common mistakes all modellers make. (but if you're not making mistakes then you're not making anything

Now if you were in the UK I could help you directly:-))

Reply to
Mike Hughes