It's OT after all - Warren Buffet never got a train set for Christmas

"This is all happening because my father didn't buy me a train set as a kid."

- WARREN BUFFETT, joking about his decision to buy a railroad, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Isn't this just the realization of one of Model Railroader's April Fool's stories from a few years ago - the building of a 1:1 scale model of a railroad - the Wisconsin Central, IIRC?

- WARREN BUFFETT, joking about his decision to buy a railroad, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
vmanes

Warren Buffet to his son:

"What do you want for your birthday this year"

"A computer"

So he buys him IBM.

Next year he asks him aagain.

"A train set"

So he buys him BNSF.

Next year he asks hin again.

"A cowboy outfit"

So he buys him Microsoft.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

ROTFL

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Warren Buffet to his son:

"What do you want for your birthday this year"

"A computer"

So he buys him IBM.

Next year he asks him aagain.

"A train set"

So he buys him BNSF.

Next year he asks hin again.

"A cowboy outfit"

So he buys him Microsoft.

~~~~~~~

The usual last line to that sequence is "A Mickey Mouse outfit." So he buys him (fill in the blank)

Reply to
vmanes

BNSF = Buffet's New Santa Fe

(not mine, from a friend in another group)

Reply to
vmanes

vmanes wrote: : BNSF = Buffet's New Santa Fe : Hmmmm. Broken Normal, Seldom Fixed?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Oh, probably not, seeing that it's already been done many times before...

Twibil