Kadee for Sale

Is there a market for mint condition Kadee boxcars?
We have about 60 Kadee boxcars that we are looking to sell. I am unsure what forum(s) would be ebst suited for this listing.
If there is interest, please e-mail me at
mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
These Kadee boxcars are all purchased new by me. They are brand new / mint. They have never been used on a layout. They were displayed on shelving in my office so some have some dust. Others were never even on display. They are all in their original box.
Thanks, Matt
Add pictures here
✖
At Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:18:09 -0700 (PDT) mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

eBay?
--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
✖
On Jul 26, 8:18 am, mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sure! There's a market for almost *anything* if the price is right.

Ebst? Ebay.

If you're serious about selling 'em you need to quote asking prices.
Without prices, how would anyone know if they're interested?
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks. I will confirm the Kadee inventory this week, present a list, and a price.
I am hoping to sell off the entire Kadee inventory in one purchase. Something in the area of $30 to $35 per car plus S&H (from NH) and insurance. I believe the car total is around 65 cars: all are brand new, in mint condition, and used on a layout. They're all packed in storage boxes in an upstairs bedroom closet so I'll have to get them out and do an accurate count.
Sincerely, Matt
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 06:54:00 -0700 (PDT), mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Shoud have read this before I asked what scale. You're wanting someone to buy the whole bunch for 30-35 $ per car ? Not hardly
kd
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:10:30 -0400, kd1942 wrote:

I recently sold a few for $10 each. Seemed to be the going price on Ebay.
--
Intelligence is an experiment that failed - G. B. Shawbay

Add pictures here
✖
On 01/08/2011 11:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

See for MSRPs for Kadee PS-1 cars:
http://www.kadee.com/ca/40ps1/40ps1.htm
OP wants close to original price. Reasonable, for never-run, original box, but the 2nd hand MRR market isn't reasonable. 30-60% of new, depending on rarity, is the usual. For some brands you're lucky to get 20%.
HTH Wolf K.
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/1/2011 11:34 AM, Wolf K wrote:

Unless it's some out of production (OOP) item that has some collectible value, which the Kadee cars currently do not have. Old Central Valley kits and trucks on the other hand usually go for many times their original prices.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
On 01/08/2011 7:47 PM, Rick Jones wrote:

True, but they'd have to be 10x to 20x original price to equal current value after inflation.
HTH Wolf K.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 31, 6:54 am, mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Oh dear. I'm sorry to tell you this, Matt, but your expectations are completely unrealistic. I've been to two different model railroad swap meets in the last few weeks, and used Kadee cars are going for around $20 each on the open market.
At least that's what the unsold ones sitting there had on them for asking prices, but you need to remember that those cars *had not sold* at that price, and that at least one big seller had a "Make me an offer! I *really* need to sell these cars!" sign up on his booth and that those Kadee cars were sitting there unsold nonetheless.
Asking people to pay retail prices for used items -and asking them to buy everything you've got in one gulp at those prices- simply isn't going to happen unless you find that single "there's one born every minute" idiot out there who has far more money than good sense.
Buyers like that are few and far between in the best of times, and we're still in a nasty recession the last time anyone looked.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:18:09 -0700 (PDT), mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What scale?