led lights

I have a atlas number four switch in a tunnel, and i was trying to figure out how i could put a red and green led lights at the opening of the tunnel so that red would tell me that the switch is turned to the yard, and green would tell me the switch is turned to the main line, there is an atlas relay costing (cdn) 15dollars, just wondering if someone out there had a cheaper way of doing it.

Reply to
Vic Parsons

Rob Paisley's site might have something:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

A slide switch attached to the throw rod - hook the 2 LED's to that switch?!

A micro switch which is in contact with the throw rod?!

Simple is best...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano