Logging Skidder Photos

I once did a couple of articles on the subject of steam powered logging skidders for Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette: the idea being that they make great foreground models on a logging railroad and can also be used as attention-grabbing flat car loads that are just "passing through the scene" on the way to their next job.

Having done that -and having built several models of different prototypes to illustrate the article- I then promptly packed the models away and have rarely used them since. But they're going down by invitation to an NMRA shindig tomorrow to run on the '20s and '30s modular layout, so I thought I'd dust 'em off and take a couple of quick photos for anyone who's interested in beat-up, rusty, half-worn- out logging hardware.

Enjoy!

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Nice work, Pete! Skidders & photos. Where the articles published? Issues?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Thank you, Lobby.

In "Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette".

Yes. Mostly health-related. But I don't save my old back-copies of NG&SLG either, so I can't tell you when the articles came out. Probably well over 10 years ago.

Sorry.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Thank you, Lobby.

In "Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette".

Yes. Mostly health-related. But I don't save my old back-copies of NG&SLG either, so I can't tell you when the articles came out. Probably well over 10 years ago.

Sorry.

~Pete

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'll dig through what I have.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

[...]

Got around to looking at the photos. Nice work!

Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

the subject of steam powered