markline engine older model

Hi I am looking for the wiring diagram for a markline 81004 model engine, can anyone help please

snipped-for-privacy@XTRA.CO.NZ wrote:

Try asking on de.rec.modelle.bahn. It's a German NG, but they understand English. And spell the name right: it's Marklin, not markline.
HTH
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

It's _Maerklin_. (a unlauted)
The wiring: - wire from pick-up shoe contact to forward motor brush holder. - wire from f.motor brush holder to forward headlight fitting. - wire from fmbh to rear headlight fitting. - wire from fmbh to reversing unit coil. (very fragile) - wire from reversing unit coil to tab under screw fixing reverser. (breaks on tightening) - contact on top of reverser disconnects motor "ground" on impulse. - 4 position drum switch on reverser. - #1 wire to field coil. - #2 wire to "Telex" uncoupler. - #3 wire to field coil. - #4 wire to other "Telex" uncoupler. - Double wire from inner end of field coils to second motor brush.
The reverser, if still available, is hellishly expensive. Don't break it. The reverser and field coil wires are very fine and easily broken.
The impulse reverser is adjusted for pulse voltage through a fine spring by either a hooked arm holding one end of the spring (adjust by bending the arm _fractionally_ _very_ carefully, or by a seperate pivoted arm fixed and held in adjustment by a small black screw. (loosen fractionally and adjust as with the rigid version) The sprung switch on top is intended to disconnect the motor circuit while the impulse voltage is applied. Eventually it will bend and fail to function. Fiddling with it will make it worse. Once the metal gets a fold it is on the way to snapping.
The whole wiring system is a minefield for beginners and inexperienced fiddlers and replacements will cost considerably more than a good used example.
Regards, Greg.P.
Model number: 3031. 3032 is the version without the complex uncoupler system.
Greg Procter wrote:

Yeah, but I don't have one on this keyboard, and I've never liked ae for the Umlaut.
Hah!
On 10/5/2007 7:04 AM Wolf Kirchmeir spake thus:

Yes; "Marklin" is the Anglicization of this Deutsche name. (Or "Mrklin" if you insist on correct orthography.)
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Leaving the umlaut or e from the name encourages people to pronounce the name 'Mark-lin' rather than 'Mare-kline'. That must be rather annoying to the Maerklin family.
Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

To my knowledge 'Mare-kline' is an English pronounciation of Mrklin. I pronounce it 'Maer-klin' in German.
--
Venlig hilsen
Erik Olsen
Erik Olsen DK wrote:

Ok, I didn't put enough thought into that ;-) What I hear Germans say is "Mare-Clean", as in a newly washed horse, but that's in New Zealand English.
Greg Procter wrote:

I haven't the slightest idea how that sounds like, I'm sorry to say.
English and German are very different languages, pronounciation-wise. In fact, I have yet to hear a German speak decent English, and I have yet to hear an Englishman speak decent German.
--
Venlig hilsen
Erik Olsen
Erik Olsen DK wrote:

Here in New Zealand the Maori language uses the same vowel sounds as in German - our English tends the same way. (with lots of regional variations)
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:22:50 +1300, Greg Procter wrote:

Try pronouncing it mehrk-lin (sounds like mare, but the K is part of that syllable, and the lin the next one.
--
Steve

Greg Procter wrote:

I don't mind annoying them.