MTH Protosound help

I have a PROTO 1 unit, that lost the chugging sound when using my Lionel ZW transformer. I also can not get the chugging sound any longer even with the MTH Z-4000 transformer. HOWEVER, I can get the chugging sound with the MTH Z-500 transformer.

Can't figure this out......and yes, I changed the battery in the tender.

Thanks, LOU

Reply to
GoCycle

The battery has to be a 8.4 volt, fully charged.

Do a full reset to defaults and start over with your settings. This is an odd problem, the Z-4000 & ZW are the proper true sine wave units, PROTO 1 is usually fussy w/ the Z-500.

Try a MRC or CW trans to see if you can duplicate.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Humm.....................the battery is fully charged. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
GoCycle

The very old Lionel ZW transformers have full sine wave power with a poor circuit breaker.

The new & current Lionel ZW transformers use a chopped sine wave and they do mess up the MTH Proto 1 engine programing... The new Lionel ZWs have fast acting circuit breakers.

Reply to
Dennis Mayer