New In-ko-pah RR pics!

I've posted five new photos of the In-ko-pah Railroad, beginning with this show of a train going over the concrete viaduct I built:

With this bridge in place, I now have one section of track that goes all the way across the layout. We had some friends over on Saturday so I put out a train and ran it back and forth.

There is still much left to be done, but I'm making good progress. The upper level walkway has been completed where is goes behind the concrete bridge and through the canyon. The lower end of the canyon is nearly finished. I'm adding a rock facade to the concrete block retaining wall to blend it into the scenery, and that's about halfway finished. Once the landscape is finished, I still have to build at least ten trestles and bridges before the track can be completed.

The last two photos show how the walkway slabs lift out to provide access into one of the tunnels, and also show how I textured the back of one mountain.

On Saturday, June 16th, we'll be having an open house for members of the San Diego Garden Railway Society. Several members have expressed an interest in seeing the layout despite the fact that it's still a work in progress.

Reply to
raydunakin