Oy! Such a bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAM-2-8-8-4-BRASS-ENGINE-ONLY-PAINTED-WORN_W0QQitemZ300310296805QQihZ020QQcategoryZ484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
No box, no tender, no good sense...

Quote: STEAM 2-8-8-4 FREIGHT BRASS ; MARKED :JAPAN
Age unknown . made by: unknown looks wonderful to me but, I am ignorant.
( I think picture #2 shows the ignorance..............can you see it ? or have my medications kicked in too early )
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

at this time, it comes up as This listing () has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
a_a_a wrote:

You probably didn't get the whole URL. Try this: http://tinyurl.com/chqkeq

#2 just shows that *the seller's* meds have kicked in...
On Apr 25, 2:01am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Do you mean the (A) broken off front coupler, (B) the pilot being bent backwards, or (C) the valve gear that's falling apart?
};^}

Ummm, I didn't bother to look THAT close, it was the difference in rails that popped out to me.
On Apr 25, 8:35�pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The classification lights are broken, too.
On 4/24/2009 6:55 PM Twibil spake thus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAM-2-8-8-4-BRASS-ENGINE-ONLY-PAINTED-WORN_W0QQitemZ300310296805QQihZ020QQcategoryZ484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"No tender"? For auctions like these, that should be "no coal car".
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:48:57 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Amen!! <g>
--
Steve

Well Hell!!! If there ain't no coal car, then I don't want it!
Anybody here know how I can rescind my $2,000 bid??? Quickly!!!
On 4/26/2009 9:22 AM Andy spake thus:

Sure--just use my new ecommerce service, OopsIBidOnThatByMistake.com. Only $19.95 per bid retraction. Put it on your PayPal account.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

The smoke is not coming from the engine but from the pipe dream that the seller is haveing if he thinks he is going to get $1800 for that thing. Big John