Re: HO table

Earlier i mentioned going with 2x4 sheets. In that regard, take a look at this year's "Great Model Railroads" (available at your local
hobbyshop). In it is a 4x8 N scale layout built wiht modules (N-Trak, i think). instead of having all 4 sections oriented the same direction, the middle two are turned 90 degrees.
By orienting it this way, you'd be able to move those modules over to a more permenant layout.
Dean
Becca and Steve Knox wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–
Becca and Steve Knox wrote: I am just about to begin my adventure in model railroading. I have decided on an HO scale and am going to start with a 4x8 basic layout.   My question to everyone: Is it best to break the table into 2 4x4 sections or would you recommend on full sheet? There are a hundred different viewpoints in the books, however, I'd like to get some "real-life" experiences. ---------------------------------------------------- Some of my fondest memories are the 4'x8' layouts I had over the years. I think it's great size to begin. You'll learn a lot along the way and you'll be able to re-use the structures, etc. on the next layout.
As for breaking it into two pieces, as long as you don't plan to move, the single 4'x8' would present less problems. If you plan to use plywood and break it into two pieces, the track might tend to dip where the sections are connected. You could put a 4'x8' piece of foam on top of the base.
I have a short how-to build a layout table that might be of interest to you:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-ballasting#table
I've built a number of these over the years and they are really easy to do and can be used for any scale.
Good luck and have fun! I hope you derive as much pleasure from model railroading as I have.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Resources: Links to over 700 helpful sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore.html
Add pictures here
âś–