RMC delivery to foreign countries

Hi all
In the past subscription year I have had many problems with the delivery of
RMC magazine, In fact today i finaly received the January issue, and the
August till december issues I got late and hussled up. Although this is
annoying me, most because I cannot discuss curent issues something else is
completely irritating me and that is that I have sent several emails to
Carstens/RMC and have never had an answer of any kind . In my last email I
begged for an answer , at least for an explanation why I wasnt getting the
issues on time and in the right order ( for me on time would be receiving
them somewhere in the month of publication ) but till now not even an email
with an apologie.
I like RMC but have decided not to renew ( I will order them from England
and then have them sooner then now ).
Are there others that have the same problems?
For some time I thought it was the dutch postal service that was causing the
problem, but I receive Model Railroader well on time ( 2 weeks before the
actual issue month, wich is not later then most Americans receive it ) , why
can"t RMC deliver on time.
I am posting this here also to try and get an answer from RMC.
Greetz Jan
Reply to
Jan ( Bouli ) Van Gerwen
If you would like, perhaps someone here could phone them on your behalf. I am willing to do that and there is no extra cost to me for making the phone call. Reply here if you want me to phone them and we can take the discussion to e-mail.
Reply to
LDosser
It can depend on who they use for shipping.
I have a similar problem in the US with magazines from Britain.
A while back the Gauge O Guild Gazette suddenly took two to three weeks longer to arrive, and it already took a week longer to reach me in up-state New York than a friend 35 miles away in Connecticut.
They were using the GPO's (the British post office) international magazine rate, and it turned out that they used one contractor to ship it to a warehouse operated by the Swiss Post office near Heathrow airport, and it was sent on to Pennsylvania by an American shipper, then by internal USPS magazine rate. Of course the GPO never mentioned this when they took the contract.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
I've found that I can get UK magazines faster and cheaper when I get them on eBay vs. buying them at my local Borders.
Reply to
LDosser
"LDosser" schreef in bericht news:hp0j8a$8c1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...
Thanks, but I understand that the Canadian subscribers are witnessing the same problems and they have made phonecalls to RMC with no result.
Its as if RMC doesnt want the foreign subscriptions.
Greetz Jan
Reply to
Jan ( Bouli ) Van Gerwen
So now I received the January issue yesterday and what do I find in my mailbox today, the february issue.
Greetz Jan
Reply to
Jan ( Bouli ) Van Gerwen
That's too bad. They do fill a niche, but if they don't want the foreign business it is their loss.
Reply to
LDosser
Way back when I was smoking and you could smoke in restaurants, I'd light a cigarette when I thought I'd waited too long for my meal. Sure enough, the meal would arrive seconds later. Looks like all you need to do is complain here! :)
Reply to
LDosser
There's got to be some unwritten law of nature that describes this phenomenon. When I order something by post, I give it plenty of time to arrive. At some point, after it clearly should have arrived, action is necessary. As soon as I complain to the person or company that I ordered it from, it arrives the following day. Never fails. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
Similar to: The Other Line Always Moves Faster.
Reply to
LDosser
Buttered bread always falls buttered side down. If it doesn't, you buttered the wrong side.
wolf l.
Reply to
Wolf K
There's Ph.D. material there!
Reply to
LDosser
Well, *something's* certainly being Piled higher and Deeper around here! }:-P
Reply to
Twibil
. . . you mus have tied it on the back of a cat.
Reply to
Steve Caple