Ton of Model Railroader Mag. & Brass Locomotive

A friend of mine asked me today to try and sell somewhere around 300+ "Model Railroader" magazines. I have not seen them all, but they said
the mags date back to the late 1930s. Are these magazines worth anything?
I checked ebay but I didn't find what I was looking for. Can anybody in this group offer advice.
Many thanks,
JR
Also, they said they have an old locamotive that also dates back to the early 1900s. They said it's solid brass and somebody had told them it was worth $1500. They would also like to sell that, along with other similar train gear.
jrsimma wrote:

More details please.
MR' of that age to show up occasionally.
A brass locomotive from the age is very rare. Maybe a prototype from the 1900's.
A manufacteror, scale and wheel arrangement will do for starters. Post a photo some place we can get a look at it. (but not here in the text only newsgroup)
Howard in SC

1935 Model Railroader Magazine - 11 issues, sold for $87 on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY71579103
I have a NWSL kit to update my MDC Roundhouse HO Shay gear drive but the included text states that the instructions are located in an article in Aug 85 Model Railroader (or the Jan 91 RMC). My MR collection stops in 83. Since then I only buy issues which seem relevant and that didn't back then.
Can anyone scan the article and mail or email a readable copy to me?
Please contact off list. Thanks Bert Holmes