slall gloat

There is a tradition of posting "gloats" in another group I read. I haven't seen such here, so I'm starting the tradition with a small
gloat.
We went to a garage sale last weekend at a homs where the deceased husband had worked for a railroad. After an enjoyable ten minutes talking about train trips, the widow (not recent) said she'd had some railroad books her husband had saved, but she thought they were all gone. I checked through the table and found a mint condition "Uniform Code of Operating Rules" from 1962.
Every book onthe table was marked 25 cents. I told her it was probably worth more, but she wouldn't take anything but 25 cents.
I think I did pretty good :-).
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

lgb wrote:

A couple of months ago I snatched up a 1967 edition that someone left on the freebie table at my model RR club meeting. This one has 1977 BN Signal Aspects And Indications supplement glued in the back. A few years ago a friend who knows I'm into trains gave me a copy of the 1926 edition of the Engineer's Handbook that he picked up someplace. Now THAT ONE has some real interesting information on firing and maintaining steamers.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me

I've got something similar. It's "Practical Locomotive Running and Management" copyright 1920. Fun to read. I got it at a garage sale as well.
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever