Smokey Valley GP15

Hi,

Has anyone here used Smokey Valley parts to model a GP15? I'd like to do a Frisco model but I'm not sure which components I need from their list of GP15 parts.

I'm also presuming an Athearn style drive chain, but which trucks do I need? I'm not sure of the nomenclature here -- the trucks look similar to those from a GP38 but different from a GP38-2.

Thanks for any advice,

Colin

Reply to
Colin 't Hart

most (if not all) GP15's were from trade-in GP7/9 series engines, and used their trucks, so you'd want the Blomburg B style truck.

Reply to
me

In article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, Colin 't Hart at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 2/12/05 17:33:

As I understand it, the Smoky Valley GP15 is designed to used Athearn GP35 drivertrain components...for which the easiest means of procurement would be buy an Athearn GP35 (presumably, "old style," pre-RTR) and cannibalize it.

Dieter Zakas

Reply to
Dieter Zakas

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for that, I thought something similar. I'm trying to get hold of Athearn F7/GP7/GP35 trucks and connection hardware and mate that to an A-Line repowering kit. The frame will be Smokey Valley.

Thanks & cheers,

Colin

Reply to
Colin 't Hart

: > As I understand it, the Smoky Valley GP15 is designed to used Athearn GP35 : > drivertrain components...for which the easiest means of procurement would : > be buy an Athearn GP35 (presumably, "old style," pre-RTR) and cannibalize : > it.

: Hi Dieter,

: Thanks for that, I thought something similar. I'm trying to get hold of : Athearn F7/GP7/GP35 trucks and connection hardware and mate that to an : A-Line repowering kit. The frame will be Smokey Valley.

: Thanks & cheers,

: Colin

It might be easier to buy Proto 2000 trucks. The same trucks were used under their BL2, GP7/9/18. They are available as replacement parts. Seems like Athearn trucks are almost impossible to find unless you're willing to buy a complete engine.

Reply to
S C Sillato