The Grinch Challenge

There is a lot to recommend the management of UP for the annual "Railroad Grinch Award", but they are being challenged!

Yes, the honor of being the annual railroad management grinch is not a done deal!

CSX management has cancelled the annual Christmas party for the employees at the Cumberland, MD shops, for "budgetary considerations."

It has been rumored that they continue to pay John Snow's greens fees at the Greenbrier, and they couldn't afford both.

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

This is US big business. The executives get perks. The workers get nothing. This is America. UP and CSX are great companies. They just operate like ever other ocmpany.

Reply to
Okiechoochoo

Sad but true. Employees in our company got to "choose" between summer picnic or Christmas party. The execs got their million-dollar bonuses either way. :(

Reply to
Corelane

The one that burns me is when the exec gets a bonus while the company takes a loss. Why? Because the loss wasn't as big as it could have been with him in charge? Gawd!

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

A while back, we just took all this in stride, and we as employees of the company we worked for, had our own party... and invited the brass, if they cared to climb down off their ivory thrones and join us commoners. They want to stay on their pedestal, fine, leave them there, they only get asked once, and we make no concessions for them.

Reply to
pablito

Should we reinvent Marx and send him to Jacksonville?

Reply to
MrRathburne

Sounds like 'cuts' in government spending!

If you 'only' raise the budget by 10 percent you are killing babies.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Reply to
Okiechoochoo

I knew you and Ratty would find something in common . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

Reply to
MrRathburne