Trailing truck position

Just dismantle a 2-8-0 steam engine (a K36). I did not pay enough attention at removing the trailing truck and now I don't where to put the spring:
between the frame and the truck support or between the support and the head screw. I tried both ways but did not see big differences.
The spring should go between the truck and the frame.
--
Please change my Email address to snipped-for-privacy@charter.net
I will not have any other Email account.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:21:22 +0100, Ciana wrote:

I was going to point out that a K3 was a 2-8-2, but then realized that your problem WAS that is was currently a 2-8-0 <g>
--
Steve

"The liberties of the people never were nor ever will be secure when the
Ciana wrote:

Am I missing something, or is it April 1st already? A 2-8-0 wouldn't have a trailing truck. It must be a lead truck. This would explain the difficulty in re-assembling. Try putting the truck at the front.
Glad I could help.
MacIndoe
garlic cous-cous and sauted asparagus. Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port. Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!
Crock-Pot Crack Baby
When the quivering, hopelessly addicted crack baby succumbs to death, get him immediately butchered and into the crock-pot, so that any remaining toxins will not be fatal. But don?t cook it too long, because like Blowfish, there is a perfect medium between the poisonous and the stimulating. Though it may not have the same effect on your guests, a whole chicken cooked in this fashion is also mighty tasty.
1 newborn - cocaine addicted, freshly expired, cleaned and butchered Carrots onions leeks celery bell pepper potatoes Salt pepper garlic, etc 4 cups water
Cut the meat into natural pieces and brown very well in olive oil, remove, then brown half of the onions, the bell pepper, and celery. When brown, mix everything into the crock-pot, and in 6 to 8 hours you have turned a hopeless tragedy into a heartwarming meal!
George?s Bloody Mary
Don?t shy away from this one, it is simply a cocktail variation of good old Blood Stew. When a pig is killed, its throat is slit and those present quaff a cup of hot blood to soften the wintry air. From the dawn of man to this day, humans have always drunk blood! American deer hunters are a prime example.
1 pint blood Stolichnaya vodka ice tomato juice lemon lime hot sauce Worcester