Train stores on Portland?

I'll be traveling to Portland, OR next week and want to visit a model railroad store or two. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, what other railroad related places, model or prototype, might be of interest.

Is the old SP Daylight still in Portland and is it viewable?

Thanks/ Carter

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Whistle Stop Trains is probably the best model railway shop in Portland. I think that it's on SE Division Street, but you should find the address in the clasified ads in Model Railroader.

Carter Braxt> I'll be traveling to Portland, OR next week and want to visit a model

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

Oh I miss living in Oregon instead of this Steam Bath Florida. I'm looking for what's called the Friends of 4449 in Portland But here's a couple things to see in the Portland area:

It's a nice train ride!

Here it is:

She will be under steam July 5 - 9 but you just missed that.

Also down south about 70 miles on I5 in Albany there are 3 Daylight cars. If you go there I can give you directions. I lived in Albany for 14 years

If you get to see 4449 PLEASE send me some pictures.

Tim C

Reply to
Tim Coyle

These are the Major Players:

Portland:

Whistle Stop Trains - All Scales

HobbySmith - HO, N, Z

Vic's Hobby Suppy - All Scales (Ask to see the layout in the basement)

606 Ne Broadway St Portland, OR 97232 Cross Street:Near intersection of NE Broadway St and NE 6th Ave

Beaverton:

- All Scales

World Foestry Center:

Jim