UP, New Thread and the obvious solution

Golf balls?

Baseball caps?

Blankets?

Framed prints?

Wall clocks?

take a look at the Schraders catalog for more ideas of where you can slap a logo and sell something...

Jeff Sc. Commerece, Ga.

Reply to
not.fishplate

I kinda like the idea of panty shields. A neat new way to say UP your's !

...........F>

Reply to
Froggy

Hey, tampons, that's the ticket: yellow applicator tube with a flag and a shield and "Bilking America" on it - brand name "UP Yours" of course.

Reply to
Steve Caple

OK, and how many people not interested in trains go out and order stuff from a Schraders catalog? Again, it all reverts back to an interest in trains... and those folks know damn well who UP is. Ask John Q public if he knows what a Schraders catalog is. The answers should be amusing.

Have any of you guys even read the UP application to become a licensee? UP wants 3% of the WHOLESALE cost for manufacturers, basing their royalties only on the UP products they sell. On a model run of 10,000 UP/UP Heritage units, each with a wholesale cost of $50 each, UP would be making a whopping $1500. Likewise, UP is asking for .5% off all the manufacturer's gross sales if the amount of UP product exceeds 20% of their line.

Now ... do the math based on those numbers. UP's really raking in the big bucks, huh?

Reply to
Sean S

You have a point here. They should triple the amount, and apply it to their excellent steam program.

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

Good night, can't you get your mind out of the gutter. There you go again, bring up crap like bloody pussy. Get a life. This is a train group. Do you talk that way to your spouse, if you have one which I doubt. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Ooops there you went and did it. Called their trains toys. That will piss em off, especially down in AU. Yep, these model guys like to think they are "operating" the real thing. BS Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Hopefully, they will Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Yeah, they could train their crews not to run with low water.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Jerry--

The only pleasure a troll receives is when you even acknowledge their existence. They come up with this stuff they don't even believe just to bait you. The worst reaction a troll can get is "nothing."

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

You got to realize how tight these morons are. Two cents more for their toys and they get their panties in a wad jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Do you take it down in inclement weather? If not, it's a Title 3 USC violation. (See "flag code" at thomas.loc.gov)

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I did the math. $15,000. 3/100 of $500,000 (10,000 X $50). OK, that pays the cost of an administrative asst. for 4-6 months.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Jeez, Jerry, you're the one using nasty language here. Must be some primal fear of the topic of menstruation that gets you so cranked up. Now if only you had a major corporation to snuggle up to, to bow down to, to wear their colors and assuage your weakness in their strength, maybe you could get some relief of those fears.

But regardless of what our ancestors' wisdom says to do with those humorless clots who can't take a joke, I'm not about to do THAT. Maybe Spanky-Wanky can take care of your needs; he and his sweetie and their muu-muus and paddles are only a few hundred miles away in OK City.

Reply to
Steve Caple

You know, you are right. I shall filter Mr Caple. He certainly has the markings of a troll. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

So, Kent, why did you respond to a troll?

Reply to
not.fishplate

But the one thing that can screw with the image that UP wants to portray are those grimy locos and tagged SP locos that are plying the rails all around the country. Sure, you're not going to see much in the way of a Model RR model, but when some irate motorist is sitting at a grade crossing, and a tagged SP loco passes by.....

:D

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

The guy I responded to is a model RR guy, not a troll. And besides, he went to KU. I did too.

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

Odd, innit...I haven't seen a lot of content from him, just a heap of contetion. Of course, he just popped up recently. I wonder what name he used prior to 29 December 2003...

Reply to
not.fishplate

not.fishplate wrote: > On 18 Jan 2004 21:18:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMnot (Two23) wrote: >

Little wonder that Jeery and Kentinsd have formed a mutual admiration society...

Reply to
Mark Newton