UP, New Thread and the obvious solution

Paul -

I'll just leave it at this... (Watch for the wrap and note the NNTP-Posting Host)

OkieChooChoo's last post on the morning of 12/29/03:

Jerry's first post on the same afternoon:
It's a small world, but I don't think it is that small. ;-)

--Joseph

Reply to
Joseph M. Ferris

Well... Possibly... except... Companies like oh, Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, and a whole slew of others have done much the same thing. I suppose they all made money as well??? At least right up to the point they all went bankrupt.

This was a practice that really gained board acceptance during the latter half of the 1990s. Most companies stated "well, all the other companies were doing it so we did it too!" (really, it's a paraphrase but essentially it's what they publically stated)

Now most companies (that survived) are finding that the SEC and IRS are looking a little harder at this and some other "Business as usual" practices. I'll wait and see if they get around to the UP. Then we will know for sure.

Reply to
Art Marsh

Wandering around without heads?? That sounds like LIBERALS!

Reply to
searn

You leftist clods are so banal it's pathetic.

Reply to
searn

You right wing chickenhawk corporate crook brown-noses are so predictably pretentious.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Oh great, another rightwing asshole posts his opinion.

Reply to
Robert McCallum

I thought libs were in favor of free speech. Oh my, what a shock to find out otherwise! Oh well, back to robbing from the poor....

Reply to
searn

Moron, you can say what you like as can I. You are such a pathetic twit.

Reply to
Robert McCallum

Honestly, please tell us how you really feel.

Reply to
Klyf Fenderson

Except for political correctness. That's probably the one thing that kept me from going to university. I'd have been in trouble in less than a week. I decided a long time I'd rather be taught how to think than what to think.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

You're mistaken. I live in New Hampshire. My phone rings every eight to ten minutes with someone actually ASKING ME who I'm voting for in the primary, whether I've changed my mind since the last time they called, and how often I expect to change my mind before they call again.

Dunty Porteous, "Live Free or Die Gibbering"©

-- "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."

-Malcolm X

Reply to
Dunter Powries

Vote for kerry like me and buy a answering machine.

Reply to
jepperson

Like there aren't any "political correctness" tests by right wingers and ayatollhoids!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Of course there are, but it seems to me that the majority of Liberal Arts and soft science professors are "liberal" in all but allowing free thought. I don't think there is a quicker way to flunk out of a psych course than to question the Freud/Jung doctrine. Would you really try to fix a computer by randomly applying 600 volt shocks to it?

John H.

Reply to
NERD

Typo or not, that's pretty funny...

Jeff Sc. Holy Balloon, Ga.

Reply to
not.fishplate

You know, Freud had a chance to blow the lid off child sexual abuse 100 years ago, but he copped out and called it a "fantasy". Now we know better, in at least some cases.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Actually, to me it was. We got a thing in the e-mail last week from the conservative Catholic home-schoolers' newsletter. A mother relates how her child couldn't understand how missionaries became saints, since missionaries were bad because they "destroyed native culture", etc. The kid was quite confused by what he'd learned at (public) school. This was one more reason for this particular mother to home-school.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Yep. Don't confuse the child with anything that might call into question what he learned at St. Fondler's.

Reply to
Steve Caple

missionaries

I think that that shows great insight on the part of the young person.

More wars have been started in the name of religion than any other factor and don't forget it was the church that was behind the Spanish Inquisition.

Reply to
wannand

Like lawyers, the bad ones cause trouble for the other 1% of the profession.

Reply to
Steve Caple