UP, New Thread and the obvious solution

don't ever get sued for malpractice?< It's not a science and nothing is provable. Therefore no court action can be taken! With a doctor you can prove if he left a sponge in or cut where he shouldn't, etc. with shrinks you can't do any of the above.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Bob is not among the eighty-odd 'nonviable'© candidates registered with the NH® Secretary of State®'s office for the upcoming Democratic Primary®.

Dunty Porteous, Human Sacrifice

-- "There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."

-P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Dunter Powries

That is a pretty broad brush you're painting with there, but maybe deserved. Also a red herring. I was pointing out how missionaries "destroyed native culture" and you're going off on the pedophiles.

We do have some in the group that say we shouldn't question the bishops. My wife and I are like, "well that's how they've gotten away with it for so long!" Not to their faces of course. They're TOO conservative and couldn't see reason on that subject if it walked up and slapped them.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I'm not sure if most mediaeval wars were inter-religious or inter-dynastic (often brother v. brother, cousin v. cousin). Sometimes both I'm sure.

Was? Still is, although it's called something else now, and it's at the Vatican, not Spain. The Spanish got off on torturing Jews because the Jews had been so cushy with the Moors, recently (then) having been kicked out of Spain.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

To take control of the schools means taking control of the kids, which the Court has repeatedly denied time after time since they struck down the "in loco parentis" philosophy. Two years ago I spent a few weeks at various schools doing hardware upgrades in classrooms. It was amazing what kids got away with. Although it varied by class it was generally very lax by the standards I grew up in.

You also need to be able to fire bad teachers. Finding them is the trick, and convincing the union is the other trick.

Parental involvement is the key. But in districts that are largely below the poverty line (MIlwaukee - 80%+), parents are more likely to be scraping for their next meal than concerned with what goes on at school.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Won't happen. Can't happen. The feds are in charge now. Both parties fall all over each other to steal more tax money from local areas to then give back 70 percent with strings attached. If you don't fully fund Ted Kennedy, then he accuses you of killing babies.

Federalized control of all education and health care is just a matter of time. Steve should be thrilled, now his wacko ideas can be force fed cradle to grave.

Reply to
MrRathburne

No-one expects the Spanish Inquistion!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Our chief weapon is surprise; fear and surprise. Two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er. Among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! Wait, I'll come in again...

Reply to
Dunter Powries

I bet you were a product of the Fondler. That explains your fixation on Wanky. If you email him directly he might let you cum over. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Yes that's true but I don't think your favourite sculptor or painter (pictures..not walls) can be called to defend you in court for your actions. IF shrinks could actually do what they claim, they should be held accountable for the actions of their patients while under their care (control?)

If its not a science, then it seems it should be moved out of the science department in University........how about to the department of applied Voodoo.

John H.

Reply to
NERD

Perhaps I misunderstood.

Do you disagree that Father Serra and his cohorts didn't exactly make life better for the natives they had working on the missions, or is it that any loss of freedom was outweighed by saving their immortal souls?

The former is a question for historians*; if you believe the latter, there's an ayatollah I want you to meet .

  • There seems to a pretty good argument that native labor was "recruited" much as African and Arab slave traders "recruited" slaves, and the labor conditions and food were miserable. I don't hold that smallpox was intentionally passed to the Pomo's and other tribes, but it certainly came to them along with the dubious benefits of forced conversion (something the Spanish had a long history of) and relocation to forced labor camps (they weren't free to leave).

Please don't read any specifically anti-Roman Catholic bias into my remarks; protestants, mohammedans, and lots of other groups of folks who happened to agree on a received answer to the mysteries of life have long seen fit to coerce others to believe as they do, and to burn, hang, decapitate or otherwise dispose of those who persist in following their own beliefs (or lack of same). I'm not sure if even the Bahai's (many of whom were hanged by the ayatollahs when they took over Iran) may not at some time have sought to coerce "unbelievers", although I'd be surprised if they did. But they're one of a distinct minority of beliefs that may not have a history of witch and heretic burning.

The "Kill 'Em All and Let God Sort 'Em Out" idiot mentality is the stuff of which Osamas are made. It's a Cistercian bishop we have to thank for that one:

"Tuez-les tous; Dieu reconnaitra les siens." ("Kill them all; God will know his own.") - Arnaud-Amaury, Abbot of Citeaux and Papal Legate, 1209, at the Siege of Beziers, a town about evenly split between "good" Catholics and those evil heretic Cathars [shudder!] in the Albigensian "Crusade"; when asked by one of his sub-commanders what to do with the citizens of the town.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I spent a large part of Sunday in The Comfy Chair.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Well, if they diddle a patient they might sometimes get slapped down.

Reply to
Steve Caple

No...... if a patient, who is obviously disturbed and retaliating against his or her therapy claims to have been diddled, who would believe them? Its all a delusion.......and if its true, then it was "alternative therapy".

No, I have not had therapy, but I have had to sit through "critical incident counselling" due to being involved in emergency services. Once by a shrink, and once by a Red Cross volunteer. The first was a disaster, where more harm was done than help, and the second was actually useful.

I think I will drop this here, as we are once again way off topic.

John H

Reply to
NERD