NEW "chaining" thread....

The last one was a washout.
So the new question is...does the system you run chain worth a frig?
UG...truth is I can't chain worth a frig with it.....yet.
But I bet it blows away ALL other sorry excuses for cam systems out there.
Mastercam chained ok, but you had to of studied it to get proficient.
Solidworks...sorry guys, the stuff chains like butter. The graphics are so clear and it seems to know where you want to go. One of the limitations of solidworks is how much it tries to guess what you want to do. Awesome at first, pain in the ass once you get proficient. But the graphics....shit, it blows away anything but camax command that Ive seen.
Giibs....pfft. Cheesy if you ask me. It's cartoon graphics.
Sorry for the crazy rant. Its just one of my other crazy personalities taking over. I know everyone is better than me at everything but I just want to be accepted into the group. Am I taking the wrong approach? I thought if I acted like an asshole and a knowitall that you all would accept me into the group. I guess I was wrong. Once again, I'm an idiot. Jon Banquer = The Idiot. Sorry, I'm nuts.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Sure, when I cut something like a runner and wanted to step down at each end and reciprocate I'd use a ruled surface and cutter center. Worked good, but the ramp gimmic worked much better.