Why is called HO?

But Märklin is not an English name or word so it has nothing to do with the English language believe it or not. Your saying that if a person without an E on there keyboard would have to type New York, they could make Niuw York out of it.

Not trying to troll or anything Roger

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

Greg Procter wrote in news:456B405F.5CD32F11 @ihug.co.nz:

And most American languages too.

But I heard that it was N for Nine, being that the gauge is nine mm between the rails.

Reply to
Gordon

Becaues it is easier than finding the "ä" key or the "æ" key.

Reply to
Jason Davies

ae, oe and ue are acceptible replacements when the diaresis isn't available. The same applies to ae and oe as the Latin alphabet ligatures are even harder to replicate in ASCII text than an umlaut. Just as "encyclopaedia" is an acceptible form of "encyclopædia" (properly spelled with the æ ligature), Maerklin is an acceptible transliteration of Märklin.

I have a German-born friend called Jürgen who types his name as Juergen when tnecessary.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Reply to
DRIFTER1350

No. My dictionary comes from Oxford.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

"Webster".(Have any of you read Webster`s anything at all?)

Yabut "Webster" isn't a real dictionary, it's American, isn't it?

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Now that everyone messed with your mind, now let me try. HO is an abbreviation of half "O"scale.Now let's see what the group can do with that.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

Roger T. spake thus:

Hey, don't go all Greg Proctor on us, OK?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

We are typing German in English.

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Half-0.

And just because, an oldie-but-goodie:

Eye halve a spelling check her It came with my pea sea It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word And weight four it two say Weather eye am wrong oar write It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid It nose bee fore two long And eye can put the error rite Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it I am shore your pleased two no Its letter perfect awl the weigh My chequer tolled me sew.

Reply to
Drew

Actually German in the Latin alphabet. :)

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Hence:

Mark Mathu

I wrote that at the beginning of this thread.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"David Nebenzahl"

Sorry.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Er, uh, "normal" must mean two foot high rails, eh? Even Code 55 in N is verrrry heavy rail, and the more common Code 80 is insanely oversized.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Comparing UP to ho's is an insult to the oldest profession.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:18:05 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Roger T." instead replied:

And I sent you a medal for that. Did it get lost in the mail again?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No one seems to have mentioned that it is half of British 0 scale (7mm:ft), not North American or European 0 scales :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie