Why is called HO?

Yeah, like you once tried to sell your junk to a German hobby shop, and now you're an expert on European modelling...

Might as well, Greg - everyone else does.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Yes, Greg. That'd be why I've had 31 years accident-free service, and you've built some automated train sets...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Yes, I 've noticed that you spout ignorant bullshit on every subject imaginable, then when you're called on it by someone knowledgable, you descend into nitpicking and pompous insults that could be bettered by most 12 year-olds. The trend is for you to become more of a cockhead with every day that passes.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Brisbane, eh? That's closer to me than Christchurch, if the need ever arises! :-)

Reply to
Mark Newton

Interesting, he can recognize this in others.

So I killfile Greg but, still see all of his posts because you folk keep responding to him ... thanks!!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

It just occurred to me that NZ is named after two model railroading scales.

Is there any other country named after model railroading scales?

Reply to
Ken Rice

The scheme was actually at practical test flight stage, built by a Rangiora (near Christchurch) man in his garage. It was closed down after the US applied pressure against the NZ government. While the NZ government confiscated the missile and all documentation, no charges have been laid against the man or his small team.

I guess he will now recover his expenses by selling the design secretly

- the yanks are SOOOO stupid.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I'm a scratch-builder, I'm well aware of compromises being neccessary. =8^)

I'm in full agreement so far. A point I'm trying to get across is that the time to make such compromises is when the execution of precise scale proves to be impractical, rather than before even deciding how the initial measurements will be scaled. Obviously this isn't something that concerns those modellers who buy their models off the shelf as all the compromises are already made for them. Paints/colour is a whole new discussion and one that can never fully be resolved for a whole raft of reasons.

I also was brought up with those same dimensional and monetry systems.

That's a wonderful excuse, but the precise definition of the metric system is a 'red herring' as it has been more accurately defined than the imperial system for the best part of a century.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Australians exciting Australians with their fantasies over New Zealand sheep.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You can laugh at yourself? I bet you never get off the floor!

Reply to
Greg Procter

You've never had an accident? Never clipped the wrong end of a ticket? Never directed a passenger to the wrong door? Sounds like you've never actually done anything.

Reply to
Greg Procter

and once again you're totally wrong!

Reply to
Greg Procter

Surely there are sheep closer to you than Brisbane when your needs arise.

Reply to
Greg Procter

N scale on Z gauge track approximates 1067mm gauge in 1:160 scale.

Many democratic nations look at the USa and say "OO". =8^(

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 07:23:35 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@pimin.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) instead replied:

Aw, sorry Paul. Doesn't X-News have a text filter that recognizes any word in a post? Bad word filtering and such? You could turn Greg Procter into a serious bit of profanity.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:35:53 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

An urban legend, no doubt. Prove it, Greg.

Which perfectly explains why so many folk are trying to get in - including Kiwis.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:36:06 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Mark Newton instead replied:

In Greg's case, an N-Scale sheep would be adequate to the task of procreation.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:04:22 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Greg! Your mother is using your computer again!!! Make her stop!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:03:19 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Finally! Greg speaks with the voice of experience on something!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You'll just have to trust that it is, or isn't. I've seen it so I know it exists - whether or not it could achieve the performance claimed of it is another matter. The builders certainly had sufficient (model) rocket experience for that performance to be possible and the figures appeared to stack up.

Money always attracts, in spite of the negatives.

Reply to
Greg Procter