Why is called HO?

Greg Procter spake thus:

Speaking for Ray, and for a lot of others in the congregation, what we're girding ourselves for is yet another tirade from you, based on the exact number, size, spacing and metallurgical composition of the rivets on one of what you call your "goods wagons". Or whatever.
Don't give us that phony "live and let live" crap, Greg: you're just so tightly wound, we *know* we're going to get another lecture from you soon enough. You just can't let it alone, can you?
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Why? I never launch tirades - occassionally I bat them back to the tirader.

Did I start this "rivet counter" tirade? Answer: No. Ray was the one who started on rivet counters - I just happen to be in the middle of a quiet session of rivet counting and was left wondering why I was being attacked while minding my own business.
If you care to check back you'll find that the worst I'm guilty of starting is answering others questions - ohh, and even of being right 90% of the time.
Regards, Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:
> Why? I never launch tirades - occassionally I bat them back to the > tirader.
Granted, you don't. What you *do* is dribble small but consistent amounts of utter shit, and when the person you are dribbling on has had enough and snaps, you act the injured innocent. But no, no tirades...
>> Don't give us that phony "live and let live" crap, Greg: you're >> just so tightly wound, we *know* we're going to get another lecture >> from you soon enough. You just can't let it alone, can you? > > Did I start this "rivet counter" tirade? Answer: No. Ray was the one > who started on rivet counters - I just happen to be in the middle of > a quiet session of rivet counting and was left wondering why I was > being attacked while minding my own business.
Pig's arse you were. You were dribbling shit about the metric system versus imperial, and presuming to tell that poor Danish bloke all about modelling scales used in Europe - which being from New Zealand you'd be an expert on, eh?
> If you care to check back you'll find that the worst I'm guilty of > starting is answering others questions - ohh, and even of being right > 90% of the time.
Pig's arse you are. Your poor performance in discussions of signalling and operating rules puts paid to *that* notion.
Mark Newton wrote:

I looked closely at producing O scale versions of my HO European kits for sale in South Germany. The advice I got from a reasonably large number of potential customers, modellers and retail outlets was that I should produce in 1:43.5 scale, not 1:45.

Considering your total ignorance of the subject outside your on front yard, you can hardly claim that of me.
Greg Procter wrote:

Really? South Germany equals all of Europe does it? And you'd rather I believe you on this than a European modeller? You're having delusions of relevance.

My oath I can. Funny how the other blokes here with operating experience on real railroads sided with me, not you...
Greg Procter wrote:
>> > If you care to check back you'll find that the worst I'm guilty of >> > starting is answering others questions - ohh, and even of being right >> > 90% of the time. >> >>Pig's arse you are. Your poor performance in discussions of signalling >>and operating rules puts paid to *that* notion. > > Considering your total ignorance of the subject outside your on front > yard, you can hardly claim that of me.
This from a bloke who *STILL* can't understand the basic premise of timetable and train order working... LOL!
Mark Newton wrote:

You really shouldn't be involved with railways if you can't understand such basics Mark - still we can't expect any better from you.
Greg Procter wrote:
> You really shouldn't be involved with railways if you can't > understand such basics Mark
Yes, Greg. That'd be why I've had 31 years accident-free service, and you've built some automated train sets...
Mark Newton wrote:

You've never had an accident? Never clipped the wrong end of a ticket? Never directed a passenger to the wrong door? Sounds like you've never actually done anything.
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:03:19 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Finally! Greg speaks with the voice of experience on something! -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Yes, I fully admit I've made mistakes in my life, lots of them - hell Ray, I'm responding to your petty posting right now!
Regards, Greg.P.
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:24:38 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Fans of irony, take note. -- Ray
Greg Procter wrote:
> Mark Newton wrote: > >> Greg Procter wrote: >> >>> You really shouldn't be involved with railways if you can't >>> understand such basics Mark >> >> Yes, Greg. That'd be why I've had 31 years accident-free service, >> and you've built some automated train sets... > > You've never had an accident?
No.
> Never clipped the wrong end of a ticket?
No. Not my responsibility.
> Never directed a passenger to the wrong door?
No. Not my responsibility.
> Sounds like you've never actually done anything.
I've done many things Greg. Unlike you. I've relied on my training, experience and skill to keep me out of trouble...unlike you.
How's that automated train set going?
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 04:58:00 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

He set fire to it when he brushed a comb against his wife's fleece and a spark set the diesel tank off. All she says these days is "Baaaaaaaaaaaaa-d Greg. Baaaaaaaaaaaa-d Greg.
Then his sheepdog fell off the table laughing at Greg with his hair on fire. -- Ray
Mark Newton wrote:

I looked closely at producing O scale versions of my HO European kits for sale in South Germany. The advice I got from a reasonably large number of potential customers, modellers and retail outlets was that I should produce in 1:43.5 scale, not 1:45.

Considering your total ignorance of the subject outside your on front yard, you can hardly claim that of me.
"> >

Salv Dear Ray you are both right and wrong (I'm thinking of becoming a politician!....) in Britain zero is often as a numeral pronounced and written as O, so you can call it HO (OH) or pronounce it Hzero, but I think a lot of pople would look at you sideways.......muttering....... Beowulf
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:51:34 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

None of this changes the size of the trains, the trackage or the joy we have in modeling. The trains on the shelf still look the same, run along the tracks the same and we can't demand that manufacturers take into account the minor variances being discussed because of the inaccurate conversion being done by the cruelties of mathematics.
HO is HO. I'm sure glad my scale is N. -- Ray

think
ummmm which version of N? hohohohohoho :) beowulf
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 01:03:12 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

The one where the letter goes up and down, not sideways. If it went sideways, it would be Z, not N.
Xee hou dat verks? -- Ray
Half-0.
And just because, an oldie-but-goodie:
Eye halve a spelling check her It came with my pea sea It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word And weight four it two say Weather eye am wrong oar write It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid It nose bee fore two long And eye can put the error rite Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it I am shore your pleased two no Its letter perfect awl the weigh My chequer tolled me sew.
--
Drew