Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Stupid G question
G is already narrow gauge, the Bachman trains represent 3ft., the LGB usually metre gauge. Using 0 scale track would be close to 2ft gauge. A common Garden scale in the UK. Keith Make friends in the...
13
13

Re: Weight data needed for Bombardier Commet V commuter cars
Lars, Um, why do you want the weight info for the Comet V cars? If you're thinking about maybe properly weighting the cars, then that's another story. Dieter Zakas P.S. It's "New Jersey Transit." :-)

Kadee questions
The issues are Kadee specific, eg 1. How to stop knuckle-closure springs falling off, I loose 5-6 each exhibition and they cost! 2.Same question about knuckle centering springs with NEM style heads....
5
5

Digitrax decoder help
Hi all New at this!! First time install of a decoder (4 function) into a Hornby Black 5 went great.. I have also installed a smoke unit and need to connect it to one of the available 2 cables and the...
2
2

Via Duct Kit
I am assembling a Mirco Engineering Via Duct Set and was wondering if anyone knew of a place I could look at some picture of how the Via Duct attaches to the land. I.E the transition from the earth to...
7
7

New To the Hobby
Hi Mike here. I am just getting into the hobby of model train layouts and was wondering if anyone could point me to a website for newbies to learn the basics? I look forward to learning a lot and...
6
6

Basic help with layout design (long!)
Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to start "the layout". You know, the one that eats most of the basement and provides me endless fun tinkering, changing, and operating for the next 30 years... I'm...
14
14

Trix Big Boy
Hi all, Does anyone own an HO Trix Big Boy? I was just wondering on the performance. I have 3 Rivarossi ones, but I know the Trix's are well detailed. There is one here at the local hobby shop for...
8
8

CPR Pullman coaches in Austria/Italy.
Hi all, this is not an April fools joke nor a troll ;-) I've come across a reference in a book to a complete train of Pullman coaches, built for the Canadian Pacific Railway, to European dimensions,...
1
1

Is Sound the "Next Big Thing"?
With Broadway Limited breaking the sound barrier in HO scale locos, and now Athearn announcing their next steam engine will have sound, can we now expect a flood? I see in their ad in the August MR...
25
25

Advice on laying track
Hello Hello, What is the easiest, simplest, quickest, most economical way to lay #1 gauge track OUTSIDE for a 4 1/2' by 86' point to point railroad? Thanks Tim
2
2

Re: Atlas HO U30C
Hmmmmmm And how close is a U28C to a U30C? Pretty close IIRC. Maybe this will be a good jumping off point for my U28CG fleet. 8^| Greg
8
8

Flex Track Question
I finally began to lay some roadbed and track today... and am using Atlas Flex Track where ever possible. This is the first time using this product, and I noticed that rail joiners do not connect...
21
21

Ebay is always amazing
? $159 list? 9.50 shipping? I have seen these for $50 and not selling........
9
9

Help! (was: Toronto Convention - Update from...)
Help me help the poor chaps who continually add to the "Toronto Convention - Update from the organisers" thread. They obviously have lost their way and do not know how to get back to the talk.politics...
12
12