Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sealing Homasote Really Necessary?
From what I've read, sealing homasote to prevent the absorption of moisture seems to be a pretty standard practice, but is it really worthwhile in all cases? I live in an area (near Dallas, Texas)...
16
16

Re: innappropriate behavior by a newsgroup poster
+------------------+ | 4 5 / | | 3 / 6 | | 2 / 7 | | 1 / 8 | | 0 / 9 | +------------------+ TROLL-O-METER Not too bad... :)
6
6

Re: Happy Independence Day
A thought... If the British had won, would we be modeling Hornby today?
14
14

Harassment at Steve's Hobby
This message was recently posted on the forum.....and at the end I have a response.
22
22

Kitbashing mixed a bridge?
Hello, as I was uploading the Gorgopotamos bridge photo to European Railway server (direct URL: I was thinking about making (or preferably kitbashing) this bridge, probably in a 2-3 modules, around...
8
8

Tinting Realistic Water?
Does anyone know if it's possible to tint Realistic Water by Woodland Scenics? -- The Conductor Digital Railroader LLC
4
4

Well, it's 07/04*, so...
Happy Independence Day, all you seppo's!!! Steve Newcastle Oz * - where in real time, it's 04/07

Re: Most Prolific Usenet SPAMMER Finally Identified!!! ------ T2psOqabilNLI
Produce the proof (beyond reasonable doubt type of proof) and I'd happily add him to my list of spammers who live on my random email generator but I am not about to take the word of a group like NANAU...
6
6

Identifying Rolling Stock
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at **** I can't distinguish between a new and an old boxcar. Can anyone recommend some references for rolling stock? Are there any books that list car builders,...
5
5

I Love Competition
I really do. Competition brings out the best in humanity, the best in both individuals, and in groups and in whole societies. Competition put a man on the moon. Competition has put ever higher quality...
28
28

Re: Thoughts on the New Atlas Rustbucket
Indeed. Your comments are more than kind. Benign and benevolent perhaps would be a better description. We had five of the execrable things on the Southern Railway along with ten U33Cs. They were our...
8
8

Circuitron totoise switch machine.
Hi there, can anyone tell me how much clearance a tortoise switch machine needs? With other words, from the plywood through the foam to the track on my layout spans about 2 to 2 1/4" . Can the...
3
3

Use for Acoustical Ceiling Tile?
hi There's an office building near me being renovated and there's a huge pile of acoustical ceiling tiles in a dumpster. I'm pretty sure they're asbestos free! I recall an old issue of MR that showed...
3
3

Re: LONG ISLAND RR WEB PAGE
-- From the computer of Frank A. Rosenbaum I always thought it was the ground, when you came right down to it.

Broadway Ltd Class A 2-6-6-4
Good Morning All, I just got my Class A the other day and thought you might be interested in my opinions of the engine. First of all, the sound is great. I need to get the volume under control a bit,...
4
4