Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AKICIF: model car/javelin return system
From mike weber wrote: mark, eyeballs falling out....
4
4

Digital Photo Primer
I know that most people here have a good handle on what they're doing, but I've always found it useful to read another person's take on a subject, especially if I thought I knew all about it. Amazing...
7
7

Bridge collapse with loco
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080625/ap_on_re_us/railroad_bridge_collapsehttp://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=8552206
1
1

Any ideas for finding a 1:24 Psyche?
This past spring's project was adding a small, rocky stream to the G gauge Dogwood & Birdbath RR. Dogwood Creek flows about 10' from the base of its namesake to a small pond, and finally gives purpose...
4
4

Lehmann cable-car set "RIGI DUO"
I am hoping that someone can give me advice about getting this working. The set is in good working order: motor, cables, pulleys all fine ... BUT control unit has been in mud ... possibly damaged ......
3
3

XtrkCAD4 - where are the extras
I downloaded this program and it works fine to design track, but I'm missing things like cars, trains, switches, etc. Seems I can do the basics of a board and layout but the further I go I run into...
4
4

American model railroads by British modellers
The following link is to my fotopic site where I've posted some pictures of model railroads made by members of South Shore Model Railroad Club based in Worthing, West Sussex, England, models are still...
9
9

Great New Model website
Please check out my new site, and tell me what you think, maybe answer my polls or sign up for the Newsletter and recieve info on specials or use our contact page to ask up a question. it's has links...

Actor Mandy Patinkin talks about his love of Lionel trains
Something I found on YouTube. Enjoy.

FA: GEBRUDER MARKLIN "Tin Crocodile" electro locomotive
http://easyurl.net/TinCrocodile
1
1

Going to Altoona
Hello group, My family and I are going to Altoona for some much needed R&R and train watching. Anyone know if the Motel 6 there is any good? If not how about the Ramada Inn of Altoona? Thnaks in...
1
1

David Bedard tutorial on Decoder Pro
I'm trying to locate David Bedard's tutorial "Using Decoder Pro without a connection to your layout." It appears to have been removed from the MR web site.
3
3

Presidents Choice RR Set
Just wondering what one of these is worth now. I have one at home, that is probably 6-7 years old. I had the well meaning plans to set it up/expand to a working system, but I just don't have the...
2
2

Tank cars
Can someone tell me the reason for tank cars of apparently similar capacity having one, two and three domes? Is it for the carriage of different grades of material in the same car? Thank you, Don H.
18
18

Using LEDs to light model train layouts
"There are many reasons to switch to LED?s instead of regular incandescent lighting": http://easyurl.net/UsingLEDs