BBMF again....

Coming back past Duxford this pm I thought I saw a Lancaster parked on the apron nearest the M11 end, but it was in Olive Drab camouflage not the black/dark blue scheme I am used to seeing it in.

Is this the one we saw the other day? looked genuine enough from the A505.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

In message , Peter A Forbes writes

The only flying Lanc in the UK is PA474 of the BBMF; I don't think it's in olive drab ATM, though it does wear different liveries now and then. The only other airworthy Lanc that I'm aware of is FM213 (IIRC) of the Canadian Warplane Heritage.

I can't remember off-hand whether there's a static Lanc at Duxford, though.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

What time pm as I past there at 16:40 and saw the Museum's Lancaster parked at the east end tail towards me, its your dark glasses giving you rose tinted colouring again :-)) Their Lanc is Canadian built and I think the top was olive drab.

Reply to
campingstoveman

That must be the one.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Hi All,

What you saw as you travelled past Duxford was the IWM Lancaster being moved out of hangar 4 and being readied to go into the new AirSpace Hangar.

It was necessary to remove the wing tips to get it out of the hangar, and yes it is a Canadian built model.

regards

Bill

Reply to
Electricity Bill