Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MAN M6V 40/46 KBB
Can anyone help me with some technical information on the M6V 40/46 KBB engine? I cannot find the displacement , or any more information on this engine And altso about a scene in Das Boot , the...
2
2

Petter Panitin Chart
Im in a little confusion fella's to know which color to paint my engine, as you know i have severl petters although jus recently ive seen several petter A's with there fly wheels and petrol tanks...
12
12

J.A.P 80 2-stroke engine setting-up & timing advice.
Hi all, I have a J.A.P Model 80 2-stroke engine on my Landmaster80 cultivator (1950's). Are there any J.A.P engine experts out there who can advise on setting the thing up. The engine refused to start...
5
5

Lister Marine Gearbox settings
Hi there! I have just rebuilt a small boat which has a Lister SL1 single cylinder air cooled diesel for motive power. The engine is coupled to a Lister SL3 gearbox (Forward / Neutral / Reverse) and...
6
6

Lister CS head bolt torque
Does anyone have a figure for the torque that the large and small cylinder head hold down nuts should be tightened down to, on a Lister CS 5/1 Is there a recommended order of tightening? Thanks in...
5
5

UK Stationary Engine Forum
We have taken over the Forum while Steve has a rest from the admin side of things, the Forum is now at: main move was this morning when all the database material was uploaded to the new home. Peter --...

Villiers MK25 timing...
Hi all. I'm a bit new to stationery engines and have just acquired a Villiers MK25 as a garden machine. I want to use it for it's original intention. It is a Mayfield 2-wheel tractor. Image here... I...
5
5

Deutz aircooled overheating
Hi all, My main genset, a 2cyl aircooled Deutz 410, 12hp @1500 rpm, 6KVA alternator was overheating and cutting out when running at 75% load for 30 minutes. So I checked and the cylinder fins were...

Lister D needle valve & non starter
Hi all, Just dug out the old D type from its winter retreat and the bugger wont start. Ive put new petrol in, new plug (great blue spark) done the oil. Plug gets wet so no problem with the jet. Took...
10
10

Petter A dates
Gentlemen I have been out spending some more of my kids inherittance and came home with a nice little Petter A11 . I was trying to find the date of manufacture for this lump here that list was so...
4
4

Jap 2A Magneto
I am trying to get a Jap 2A going but have no spark. The flywheel magneto is a Wico FW880. I have done all of the obvious stuff like cleaning the points and all connections but still nothing. How do I...
11
11

Lister ST2 Generator engine
I have a Lister ST2 which is suffering from rising oil level, basically the fuel is finding its way into the sump! Any ideas? Thanks!
4
4

Norman t300
Just stripping my t300 and found a broken valve spring. Anyone out there got any ?
3
3

Remetalling of con rod bearings
i am looking for an engineering company that could remetal a pair of conrod bearings.

dateing my crossley ph 1030, engine no 103528
hi, just brought my first engine, would like to know how old it is. its plate has engine no 103528 , bhp 3 and revs 650. also where i can buy parts for it. cheers Bruce
4
4

petter m 5 hp piston wanted
Hi all, Need a piston for a 5 hp petter m, mine has a chunk missing out of the skirt. These are no longer made, nobody has any new old stock, so if I can't get one I will have to weigh the whole issue...
5
5

Magneto Remagnetiser--Coil Winding
We want to make a magneto remagnetiser and have found a suitable design from SE, March 1988. It needs two coils of 86 turns of 2.36mm dia enamelled wire around a 38mm core, 80mm long. Question is how...
9
9

Vincent lifeboat engine and double acting pistons
How does this thing work then? AIUI, it's basically a two-cylinder opposed-piston cylinder-ported petrol two-stroke, with a third cylinder used separately for compression. There are two crankshafts,...
7
7

Repair or scrap an engine?
Reading the post on another group about magneto rewinds prompted some thoughts. While I cannot add a great deal to the magneto discussion, I do find the question of engine value v rebuild cost...
8
8

Looking for a Wipac fuel filter (even a broken one)
Hi folks, I'm looking for a Wipac fuel filter. The kind with a small glass bowl and 1/4" BSPP male threaded fittings at both the inlet and outlet. As fitted to the Petter A1. Anyone got a spare they'd...
2
2