Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PH1 Injection Timing.
Hi. Does anyone know where I can download a brief description to assist me in setting up the injection timing on a Petter PH1? I've picked up a re-conditioned pump, and fitted a new nozzle and holder...
1
1

Villiers D270 on ebay
Martin's "Diesel for sale post" reminded me to see how this item is going:- don't recall ever having seen one with its canopy (somebody will now tell me the countryside is littered with them). From...
5
5

Piston Rings?
hiya anyone know where i can get piston rings i know i can from SEM, but i was wondering if any of you have any new old stock, these are for an PETTER engine original piston. thanks, Martyn
3
3

Ruston Hornsby 8PB 3hp Stationary Engine on Ebay
eBay Mobile eBay Mobile
8
8

Atlas Copco air compressors
Hi, A little bit off topic, but it is in relation to our stationary engine project (a home build generator). We've come across a deal to buy two large Atlas Copco air compressors for £100 They have...
1
1

Cutting metal with petrol
Found this site posted on another NG. It looks interesting. Not sure if it's all that relevant to us though. Do may folks here use 1/2" steel?
10
10

Brill and Beds & Bucks Clubs Frozen Frolics.
Gentlemen, My Club's Frozen Frolics brought out sixteen engines some larger ones but mostly small but not quite Kim's Size :-)), A nice Petter set for Roland. The engine stopped so the owner stripped...
4
4

Blackstone Horizontal 50 Hp Diesel. circa 1950
Has anyone come across a Blackstone 50 Horsepower single flywheel diesel with separate cooling. I found one in the United Arab Emirates some 20 years ago and shipped it back to UK. I exhibited it and...
2
2

For Sale: Commer TS3 engines and marine gearboxes
Had the following email in this morning: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I have a pair of commer TS3 diesel engines which have been marinised that I am looking to sell. they are 95% complete...

Freeing piston rings
I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, so apologies if I have forgotten previously published solutions. Last weekend I managed to remove the piston that has been long seized into the cylinder...
8
8

Stuart 1959 diesel question
I just noticed a Stuart Turner diesel for sale locally. Says 1959, twin 2-stroke, 11hp, marine unit with wet sump. Anyone know whether this should be touched with a barge-pole (I new a yachtsman once...
11
11

need advice removing injector on Petter PJ1 diesel
I am continuing my project of restoring a vintage Petter PJ1 air cooled single cylinder diesel engine powered genset of the Petbow brand. I have obtained a new set of piston rings and have the siezed...
14
14

Enfield stationary diesel engine!.
Wonder if anyone could help please?. I've got a rather vintage, believed to be 1950 or thereabouts, Enfield diesel engine that drives a generator. This unit worked very well until recently when the...
1
1