Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bamford EV1 for sale
All, Having a move around of some things and I have decided to part with one or two engines. First up my Bamford EV1. engine still has most of its original paint, with transfer visible and was running...
2
2

Lister pump
I have just got a Lister type 187 pump. It has a plate on top, about 7" x 3", with two bolts securing it to the pump and with four other holes. Can anyone tell me what it was for, please? Steve Selby
9
9

Wolseley WD8 Spark Plug
Does anyone know the original plug used please and the modern equivalent? I'm using a NGK B6HS which sees to work ok Thanks, Ian.
1
1

Slightly OT - CAV DPA injection pump problem?
I know this isn't exactly stationary engine territory, but I'm hoping somebody here may have experience or tips to try. My neighbour bought a JCB 3CX last month (perkins 4.236 engine with CAV DPA...
16
16

Lister CS Injection pump problems
Hi Gents, I am rebuilding a 1951 Lister CS 5/1 fitted with a CAV I.P and a Bryce injector. I have bled the fuel line and I am getting squirts of diesel at the injector end of the hp fuel line, but the...
11
11

Lister A Spark Plug
Chaps, Any idea of type used please and the likely modern day equivalent please? Thanks, Ian.
6
6

Lister D running speed
My Lister D runs too fast. It has good spark and starts OK then revs up and needs to be stopped before it kills itself! I have checked the float chamber and am pretty sure that is OK. I think it is...
1
1

Brand new BSA industrial engines for sale
Hi, We've been clearing an old warehouse recently and have unearthed the following brand new BSA stationary industrial engines. Yes, they may be over 40 years old but they have never had oil or fuel...
16
16

Broomwade compressor pumps.
I have recently purchased a slightly cannilbalised Broomwade AC10 compressor pump, bores, rings, pistons, bearings are in excellent condition. I need to know if anyone out there has any information on...
3
3

Charging set lightweight 80 Watts
Hi all, Can anyone please give advice on fine tuning and using this small wartime 4-stroke 12 Volt charging sets. I have two of these (one made by DK Ltd and one by EP & Co Ltd) to be used for their...
7
7

What on earth is wrong with this magneto?
Hi folks, I have a Wipac Series "A" magneto on my Dennis lawnmower. I didn't realise until I got this magneto that the Series "A" had been sold under the Wipac name. Anyway, it isn't working properly....
33
33

petter m fuel pump
Hi all, In the petter m diaphragm type fuel pump there is a ball bearing non return valve Is it possible to remove and clean this ball, it appears to be held in by a pin which I can't work out how to...

Wolseley Magneto
Hi folks After spending a few hours re cutting valve seats and grinding in the valves I have tried to get my WD2 to go. Unfortunately we have no spark at all despite trying the old trick of leaving...
5
5

Norman T300 flat twins
Can anyone help with any information about the Norman T300 flat twins? I'm exhibiting one on Saturday and know virtually nothing about them. Anything would be useful - built from/to/ who by/ what for,...
22
22

Ducati Diesel
I'm just wondering if anyone has come across one of these in their travels. It's a small single cylinder aircooled Diesel of a few horsepower at an almighty 3000rpms. I'm thinking that it's about 20...
5
5

Ruston VRO Engine
Hello, Not strictly a stationary engine perhaps but---I have some friends who want to dismantle a 4 VRO engine which dates from 1944. This has a tunnel crankshaft and it looks like you need to pull...
8
8

Petter PH1 info required
I've just acquired an old Thwaites Orion dumper. I think it dates back to the 50's or 60's because it has a chain drive from the engine to the gearbox. I'm stripping it down for a restoration job and...
7
7

Petter M 1.5
Hi Chaps, I spent an interesting but not very fruitful morning trying to kick some life into my newly acquired 1.5 Hp Petter M: Crank, crank - - - No Spark :( Clean magneto points, Crank, crank - - -...
6
6

Lister CS Startomatic
Gentlemen. My brother and I, collected the latest addition to our collection last sunday. A Lister CS 5/1 startomatic, we got it loaded into the van by lifting the engine off the base and loading the...
2
2

For sale: Mayfield Garden Tractor: Brushcutter. Villiers25 Engine
Hi all, I am selling a Mayfield Garden Tractor with scissors-type Brushcutter attachment. It has a Villiers MK25 Engine. I believe that other front-end attachments were made for this machine and are...