Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Petter Atomic TW 2.
Have put up some photo's of a Petter Atomic twin that I have just bought down in west Sussex complete with direct coupled generators. Stuff can still be found laying around! Regards Steve.
13
13

cast iron exhaust pot
Bit of a long shot, but I wondered if anyone has a cast iron exhaust pot suitable for a 7hp open crank engine...........thanks.
6
6

Portable generator - Grounding
"The generator must always be grounded". I also have a very heavy (hence the acquisition of the lightweight Chinese generator) vintage 3.5 KVA generator. This has the neutral and ground (earth on the...
9
9

New Stationary Engine Website
Just leaving a quick note to tell you about my new website for Stationary Engine Enthusiasts, its got a forum, links page, and most important, information on rally dates. The address is
21
21

Villiers 2 stroke help
Hi I have a small villiers engine and it was running well until I gave the whole thing a wash. Now it has no power. Could some one tell me if you were to start from scratch who would you test and tune...
8
8

Flywheel balancing service
I know I should look through the SEM for the answer to this question, but I am 40 miles away from and being very impatient, I'd like to know sooner. Does anyone know of anyone providing a Flywheel...
17
17

Lister A and B types
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a Lister A and B type? Also does anyone know anywhere good that will cast engine makes (e.g. Amanco) in Brass. Thankyou Andy
6
6

Ruston Hornsby PB
Hi I have recently been restoring my 1.5/2 HP ruston hornsby PB, and have this question for you - I noticed a small hole in the bottom of the engine between the hopper drain tap and the carburettor....

Petter A backfiring
What is the best way to set up the timing on a petter a11 The petter I recently purchased lets out quite a loud back fire through the carburettor every now and then and I am wondering if the timing is...
4
4

New Engine Parts from India
I (and a couple of friends) am going to import a load of Lister CS type engine parts from India to do some restoration on the engines we have recently bought. To make the transaction more...

Douglas SV45 magneto drive plate question
Hi all, I have just been thrust into the world of the stationary engines !. I have just been given a Douglas SV45 air cooled engine. It has compression, clean oil in the sump and the magneto goes...
5
5

Wanted!! Villiers generating set
Hi, Does anyone have, or no the whereabouts of a Villiers lightweight 14v generating set that is for sale? I'm not sure who the generator manufacturer was but believe they were used by the Britsh...
6
6

Good day with Petter M
I finally found the time to have another go at getting my Petter M 1.5 HP running. Spent several hours checking everything in sight but couldn't get it to even fire. OK the spark is a bit weak but as...
18
18

As a matter of interest..........
A chap came up to me at last weekend's rally and was rattling on about a Coventry Victor marine engine he has/had that was exactly the same as my Norman T300. He thought they shared the same castings....
2
2

Norman T300 Can U Help ?
I wonder if anyone can help with the following parts for a Norman T300 restoration?.. Oil Pressure Gauge Starting Handle HT Leads Air Filter I am more than happy to purchase any of the above spares...
12
12

Anyone with knowledge of old McLaren diesel engines?
Recently I bought a barge whose old 6 cylinder engine is rhoumoured to be a marinised McLaren. I can find no identifying marks, so my initial quest is to find someone who can confirm that this is...
2
2

Underground Exhaust
Chaps, Just read this in the description of an e-bay item for a Lister Diesel engine:- "......it has also got a large exhaust with it which can be buried underground so it makes this set pretty...
5
5

Lister Paint
Restoring my first Lister, can I ask your advice on where I can purchase suitable Mid-Brunswick Green paint or suitable alternatives in the UK , having difficulties finding suppliers Thanks
8
8

coventry victor
I desperately need a cylinder head for Coventry Victor WD3 (MkIII) diesel. It is in my boat which is now engineless in Canada. I would buy a complete engine if neccessary, providing the head is good....
2
2

Teagle 4 stroke on Ebay
I see that the Teagle 4 stroke engine on Ebay failed to get any bids, it was incomplete and in rough condition. would have had a bid if it had been closer to home but not worth a 400 mile round trip...