Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wico EK magnetos
Hi all, has anyone tried the fix for Wico EK mags involving a piezo electric generator, from a fire or cooker ??? Will be giving it a test on an empty shell i have lying around. Also does anyone know...
15
15

Drayton Diesel?
A NCP friend just asked if I could dredge any info on these. Net seems a bit bereft.. Anyone? TIA Tom
9
9

Petter S Type Nozzle
All, Finally got around to giving the Petter S another looking at. I think the problem lies with the nozzle. From what I understand, the needle part that screws into the hole at the tip should be...
7
7

crossley 1040 -starting
hello all , well ive got a spark from the mag , checked almost everything - so were about to attempt to start the heavy beast . any instructions .. tips to be advised on ??? what is the procedure for...
2
2

Petter A1 Piston Rings
I am restoring a PETTER A1 stationary engine and whilst inspecting the pistons I found that one of the piston was broken. Does anyone have an old one or know where I could get one? Cheers AG
4
4

Lee Howl Pump
Hello all, Along with my first purchase of a Lister D, I obtained a nice Lee Howl water pump. After completing the D restoration (well under way now) I will be cleaning the pump up and remounting the...
4
4

Ruston Hornsby PR
Hi I have recently acquired a Ruston Hornsby PR 2 ½ hp that I am currently restoring. Does anyone know of any websites that have good pictures of this type of engine so I can see what everything...
7
7

Teles Dragsaw Engine on Ebay
A bit different..... eBay Mobile
2
2

scotchbrite at tesco
Thanks for help with non woven abrasives gents. Armed with more knowledge I went back to local Tesco and found amongst the various cleaning products, a pack of three (green only) proper Scotchbrite...

Rover 1S/60 Turbine and firepump spares
I thought this bore repeating - I have changed email addresses since it was first posted... "I have bought a goodly amount of second-hand spares for the Rover 1S60 firepump turbine sets. If anyone is...
22
22

Villiers, 2stroke, 4 stroking.
I have rebuilt an Allen scythe and it is 4 stroking quite badly. In thick heavy grass it runs cleanly and pulls well but under light running it 4 strokes and then when you come to a heavy patch it...
9
9

Piston designs
Hi all, at the sale I posted about recently, I had the opportunity to look at the first steam piston I've seen. It was basically a thick disc of metal with ring grooves. It was a piston, but with no...
10
10

Norman T300 marine engine
I've really been getting on quite well over this last few days, the engines I've built up start and run OK and ancillary devices like rotary converters and instruments are coming together too. I...
6
6

Maxfield air compressor.
Dave, Adam Cottrill from down under kindly gave me your names in the UK as possibly helping identify a small compressor I am restoring. (I'm in Saskatoon Canada) The tag reads "Maxfield Tyre Pump"...
1
1

Collecting Norman ...
Off to South Birmingham yesterday to collect the Norman T300 marine engine that I bought on e-bay. Easy run up the M5 in just about an hour. Andy is a really nice man - as are so many I've met in this...
6
6

Sparking plugs
What are correct plugs for Norman T300 MK2 (and T600 for that matter). Mine have a motley selection of different types, infact the T300 came with one long and one short reach fitted!
5
5

Crossley PH1070 Weight
Quick question which I'm sure has been discussed before - how much does a Crossley PH1070 weigh? I picked one up at the weekend ( and I'm debating as to whether to build a better trolley so it will go...
9
9

Magneto shaft taper. (2023 Update)
Can anyone supply details of the standard taper fitting on magneto drive shafts so that I can have a sprocket bored to suit? Thanks.
11
11

Coborn Parts anyone ?
Hi all, trying to find a donor engine or parts for a chap who is hoping to make two good Coborn C6C ( the 'C' suffix denotes paraffin version) engines from three. He's cleared out the remains of a...

FS: Lister D type
I'm looking for a good home (or two) for a couple of very good looking (ie "show condition") and good running Lister "D" types if anyone may be interested? Also have a Lister pump which is in "fair"...