Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for an A.C. Sphinx air cleaner
Hi folks, I'm looking for an air cleaner to suit my Dennis lawnmower. It currently has a plastic air cleaner fitted which looks all wrong. According to the Spare Parts List, the correct air cleaner is...
11
11

TS3 Commer on youtube
brute! Regards, Kim Siddorn ** Courtesy of http://www.commer.org.nz ** Commer MkIV CDY. Produced from 1959 to 1962. This is Mark Erskine's CDY blasting past with exhaust unplugged. The Rootes TS3...

Gardner 2LW Pistons and Rods Required
I am looking for a source for two pistons with conrods for a Gardner 2LW. At the moment I don't have any dimensions or numbers for the engine. This is my first port of call looking for the parts. SEM...
11
11

Junkers 2HK65 at a rally in Bonefeld, Germany.
Anton Van Der Cruijsen (one of the organisers of the Nuenen Rally) went across the border into Germany for a rally yesterday, near Koblenz, and he took some pictures of a superb Junkers 2HK65 (same as...
4
4

For Tim Leech (or anyone really!)
I've an engine in a mini digger, a Mitsubishi K3D, a very small triple three cylinder Diesel. Looking around on the www it would appear that this engine also gets marinised by various companies and...
8
8

kerosene take 2
Hi all, Is it possible to run a diesel engine on kerosene? Regards, Martin Brooks
35
35

Newbie Questions
Hi all Sorry if you've heard all this before but I've just bought a Petter twin cylinder engine dating from the 40s on Ebay (for £56). I've no idea if it works or anything really. It needs a fuel...
14
14

Kelvin Marine Engine.
Having failed to sell first time around .................. the engine owes him that much, I presume he must have spent a fair bit on it. Or do marine engines command that level of value? Regards, Dave...
11
11

Crossley with 12" cylinder
A Crossley engine with a 12" cylinder ! Is this possible, or just a tall story ? It was supposedly fitted in a 55'x11' tug. I've been told it was a three cylinder, with only two working. The third was...
2
2

Stuart Turner Identification
I have just acquired a Stuart-Turner mains genny set via eBay, item 300158698930. I have been looking for a classic 240V generator for some time and this was local and really fits the bill - it is my...
11
11

Lister JP3 15 KVA three phase generator
Hi, I'm looking for wiring diagrams/instruction manual for a Lister JP3 15 KVA three phase generator. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Paul.

Petter M Govenor Assembly
Hi I recently purchased a 1920 5 HP Petter M. It was missing the bracket that holds the govenor onto the side of the crankcase. I promptly purchased one making clear the type of Petter M it is. When i...

Lister D Mangeto
I have just about finished putting together a D that I got as a box of rusty parts. I was quite looking foreward to trying it out sometime this weekend when I put the magneto on. Unfortunately it does...
1
1

Enfield VS1
Can anyone help with info or better yet an online manual? A friend has just bought one & is at a stand for information. Regards, Kim Siddorn If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
6
6

Petter PU2 manual
One of our Wessex members has a Petter flat twin, a PU2 I believe. The magneto timing has become scrambled & it is proving troublesome to fix it. Does anyone have a PDF of a manual for this model....
1
1

Paraffin!!
I don't smoke, or do drugs-but I do have a paraffin habit. With unspecified numbers of Tilley lamps around the place, not to mention a sprinkling of Petter M types it's hardly surprising. My needs...
32
32

Warsop pump
Hello gents I have not posted here for ages since I have moved house and been swamped with work so I thought Iwould drop in and show you what I managed to purchase for the vast sum of =A35 at my local...
7
7

Polar Diesel Engines
Got a nice Polar Diesel Engine sales catalogue from Ray Hooley on ebay at the weekend, missed a couple of other interesting ones, Ray always starts and finishes his auctions all together, so juggling...
7
7

Petter S Fuel
Hi.. I am nearing completion of my petter s re-restoration and wanted to ask what is the best fuel to run them on?, the previous owner used to run it on diesel but I am thinking about parrafin what is...
4
4

Dudbridge Oil Engine
Hi everyone. I mate of mine recently picked up a Dudbridge Oil Engine built by The Dudbridge Iron Works Ltd of Stroud, England. Does anyone have any pictures of one? Especially of the fuel pump area...
4
4