Christmas

Gentlemen,

As nobody else has had the presence of mind or politeness to carry out the following, may I be the first and hopefully not the last to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year and if Father Christmas does not bring you what you want then lets hope your wives, partners, girlfriends, mothers or fathers do.

God Bless every one of you and lets hope this planet can have a little peace in the coming New Year.

Gentlemen.

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Dear pompous Git I've always wanted a little piece on earth, not to mention a flaming bush :-). tara Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Steady Roland, that's a bit below the belt. I agree with Martin. Christmas should be a time to hope for peace and, thanks to the actions of Bush and Blair in Iraq, the world will be a safer place in 2004. BTW Martin, you left sons and daughters off the list of gift bearers. I find them useful as I buy what I want and just put their names on the present. I get what I want and at 6 weeks old, he won't car anyway.

Merry Christmas everyone. I now await the hornets nest exploding. John

girlfriends,

Reply to
John Manders

Surely that should read "As nobody else has YET had the presence of mind" etc etc, Martin ? As we are all modicums of politeness and hopefully we all still have some presence of mind, you may have been a little premature in your exposition....

It is after all only the 22nd December...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

In message , John Manders writes

Quite :-p

And the same from me - I am going to go carol-singing for the first time in years.

I think they're all asleep in this cold weather. Perhaps my carolling will wake them :-)

Reply to
Peter Scales

Would that be a reamed bush or a bored one, Roland?

Arthur G

girlfriends,

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Merry Christmas and the best of New Years to one and all, whatever your political opinions.

The festive season seems a good time to forget about political matters, and to concentrate on family and relaxation (or religion, if that's your bag).

Have a good one, and remember as you eat those New Year turkey rissoles, a turkey is for life, not just for Christmas!

Seasonal Felicitations and bonhomie,

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

And the same to you and yours Martin.

What about your new Years resolutions gentleman? I think mine had better be don't buy any more engines until I have restored the ones I already have, trouble is, they come along and you think....OK....just one more....

Happy Christmas everyone, don't drink too much.........Ho Ho Ho

Reply to
Pete Aldous

your dead right martin !

i have learn't alot from this group in the last 6 months that i have known about it and got to know some interesting people.

i would like to thank all who helped with engine probs i had etc.. arthur etc..

i will sure will be sticking around here for the next year ! i hope to get a lister junior or a petter 'm' ,in the new year to restore.

anyone fancy coming to ireland for a rally???

may everyone have a merry christmas and a peacefull new year , and continue restoring & showing over the coming year . thanks alot for the help , john dungan(15) IRELAND

Reply to
john dungan

Yuletide felicitations from the Western Fens to one and all! Don't forget that we've had the shortest day so the nights are getting shorter again - more time available after work for some projects ready for the 04 rally season which will be shortly upon us.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Seasonal bonhomie to all who cheer us up with their input on this NG.

Been a pretty bad 2003 for me, so hoping 2004 is a blast for us all.

I'll volunteer one new year's resolution. No sniping on the NG. If we must snipe, keep it for eBay! I've watched ATIS & its predecessors rise & fall over the last 12 years because folk were offput by barbs on or off line

-- we're all too civilised for that to happen to us ... aren't we......?

Hoping to meet more folk in the flesh in 2004. Keep the advance notice of events going -- makes negotiating with the wife a touch more manageable if I have a couple of weeks to crawl & beg!

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

Indeed, May I wish all lurkers and participants, readers and writers, restorers and talker all the very best for the Festive season and a cheerful and prosperous New Year.?

New Years resolutions? Wise words indeed. Let us all vow to restore one engine that we already have in stock and exhibit it in the coming year. Then we can get bored with it and sell it on to fund two more to sit on for years. ;o))

I do not leave myself out of this, you undertstand ..................

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

*Safer* thanks to their actions? You must be joking. There was mininal risk before, for the UK anyway as we didn't make a habit of dropping bombs on people or invading their countries ulike the US, but we're certainly in the firing line now. Most analysts who aren't government mouthpieces say that Iraq is more of a terrorist risk now than before the invasion.
Reply to
Niall

I wondered who would bite. I'm not sure I agree with your feelings but here is not the place to discuss them, very tempting but far too O/T. What I will say is that the Iraq situation has probably divided political opinion more than almost anything in the last 30 years. I take pride in the fact that we can all voice our opinions in this country and (even if I disagree with what you are saying) I will defend your right to do just that.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I've no intention of taking it up, as you say, very OT, but I couldn't let your reference pass without comment lest it appear to be uncontroversial. I will say that it has become pretty clear that there were no WMD waiting to be used, nor was there any serious threat, which were the stated reasons for invading Iraq.

Reply to
Niall

Niall, like you I cannot resist comment and I know how controversial this subject is. True, no weapons have been found but are there any? The problem for all sides of this discussion is that it's impossible to prove a negative, you cannot prove that something does not exist. That was the case before the invasion and is the case now. We have been searching for IRA weapons in Northern Ireland for 30 years and not found them and NI is a lot smaller than Iraq, better policed, etc. I also appreciate that a gun is much smaller than an ICBM, however, the point is there. The problem was, and still is, that there are convincing arguments on both sides. I can see your point but I am not convinced that you are right. We may never know the real situation. Let's stop this thread now shall we. It's certainly O/T. I am about to leave for my Christmas break so I hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a rotaionally good New Year.

John

Reply to
John Manders