current restoration project and oldest engine

Oddly I suppose, I seem to have become very attached to my Amanco 2.5. I've always had an affinity for hit & miss engines but I don't seem to get as much out of the others as the Amanco. And it's not just any Amanco (and there's thousands out there) it is MY Amanco. Really odd and probably extraordinarily sad - my wife thinks so anyway!

Mark

Reply to
Mark_Howard

The engine I would find hardest to part with is the Bamford 4HP, it was the first open crank engine I got but it also holds many memories, mainly of steam rallies etc when the public seemed more interested and the pace of life and leisure was or appeared to be slower. It has been in the collection for over 30 years.

Part of the family collection can be viewed here

Regards

Andy M

milestones snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
andyengine

That's a difficult one - I would never sell my Blackstone or the Tangye gas engine, but I think the one with the most sentimental value has to be the

5hp Ogle 2-Stroke - it's been an on and off project for the best part of 15 years now, and it's still not a runner - I will not be beaten by it, and so far I've bought two further Ogles to assist, blown a hole in the garage roof, and annoyed several neighbours with acrid smoke.... As for the others, I always like to have an Amanco around, and a Norman T300 just for the exhaust note!

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Hi ,

I'm currently restoring a H.J Godwin pump - see pics :

It needs a new cross-bar to be made , some new packing , and a lick of paint , and it should be good to go for rallies in the summer . When i got it , the 2 front feet were missing, so i made up new ones from steel , and welded them on . The cast welding is an art alright , it took time and patience though ! I'm not 100% sure of how they will hold up to being bolted to timber , i won't be tighting the bolts hard !

Another project that's been on the back-burner is my crossley 1040 . Ready to go , but the mag needs a bit of seeing to (it's had a rewind) , but i might send the whole thing away to get it sorted . It might be lack of magnetism in the magnet .

Oldest engine i own, 1932 M type , in the family : 1920's Fairbanks-Morse Z 3.5 Hp Engine i would supprisingly part with last would be my bamford EG1 !

Good thread martin - The group was pretty dead for a while !!

Reply to
jdungan100

[...]

martin hirst

Hi... latest projects is Petter S almost identical to PTE`s, petter appletop which was in a bit of a state as seen in SE mag, Projects which are on going are lister N , bamford SD4 and 1922 lister A moving house soon (hopefully) which meens upgrading the shed and workshop so hopefully this will speed things up.

Best regards bob

Reply to
Bob