Engine Info

Gentlemen,
I would like to sing the praises of David Harris, Stat Eng help line, Dan
reminded me about him so last Sunday I wrote David a letter regarding my
broken valve guide for my Lister M and by almost return of post received a
nice letter with possible suppliers of CS guides and drawings of the
original valve guide to modify or make originals.
I am now looking for some cast iron bar 1.5 in od to make them.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Is the CS diesel guide somewhere near? we have some new ones here....
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
So near that only two dimensions need changing to suit. Do you have two in stock please :-))
Martin P
Peter A Forbes wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I'll have a look and bring them along tomorrow if we have them.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd
If the CS guides are no good, could you find some wieghts from sash windows, I was told these are a good source of cast bar. I`m sure if you ask some local firms of window suppliers they will have/keep you some Martin.
Cheers, MartinH
Reply to
martin hirst
It may sound like a daft question, but have you tried a Lister agent? Peter Thompson in Uxbridge, for example? Guides are, or were *very* recently, still available for the JP engine, I had the idea that one reason why is that production of some CS models continued well after the JP/JK ended & that the parts are common to both. My memory and/or the information may be less than 100% accurate, but I did get new JP guides off the shelf last year.
Some sash weights are OK for this sort of thing, others are complete cr*p.
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
Gentlemen,
My good friend Peter Forbes gave me two brand new CS guides this morning which will be duly modified next weekend. The barrel still has to come off so that I can remove the broken bit and fit the new.
Martin P
Tim Leech wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
We had a pair of new guides that we were able to let Martin have, in return for...... see other post :-))